Last edited by Aesthetics Dr Lux on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Aesthetics Dr Lux wrote:PROFANITY IN POPULAR WRITING
In the internet, it has become increasingly common to encounter profanity (swearing) in social media and web forums. In general, people swear for the following reasons:
1. Anger or Frustration: This is done when people lose self-control and burst out with hostility.
2. Dominance Competition: This is done in a more calculated manner to establish intimidation over others since swearing is associated with anger which frightens others.
3. Excitement: This is done when enthusiasm cannot be contained, and people swear in the manner which they learned in childhood and adolescence (often in the family).
4. Attention-Seeking: This is done when swearing brings desired attention. It is a written equivalent of saying: "Hey, look at me, and pay attention to me!".
5. Humour: This is done when swearing in certain contexts brings humour and makes others smile or laugh.
6. Discussion of Swearing: This is done when people talk about swearing, and words will typically be put in quotation marks to distance the writer from the words. This is the only polite use of swearing in society.
Profanity is the linguistic equivalent of a lack of proper childhood upbringing, class, or self-control in people who feel the need to act out in an immature and irresponsible manner. People who question this wisdom should try to swear at a staff meeting, wedding, funeral, or when dealing with government officials, police, or court. They will learn quickly that it is not acceptable behaviour in polite company. People who respect others do not swear in their presence. By corollary, swearing in the presence of others shows a lack of respect for them.
TLDR: If you believe that you have a proper family background, education, class, or intelligence, do not use profanity. Use it and you lose all claim to possessing a high IQ to others in society.
Love whitespace. Leaving plenty of white space around black text is inviting. Crowding a page with blocks of text makes it look more confusing to a low-level reader.
Aesthetics Dr Lux wrote:^ Rapunzel is Eurasian: American father and Indonesian mother in Florida, U.S.A.
Aesthetics Dr Lux wrote:Above: Did you shack-up as the 'side-piece' girlfriend of Flayer, Lol? Last year, you said you lived with your mother in Florida. Make up your mind. Just sayin' (^_^).
Exodus wrote:Aesthetics Dr Lux wrote:[ ... ]
how would you recommend i improve my eloquence? i wish i could be as articulate as you!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests