Being too muscular or too lean is unattractive

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/ ... 1/20122495
All facial and body measurements were linearly related to attractiveness, except body adiposity, which showed a curvilinear relationship, peaking at a body fat percentage of 12 per cent.


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84440#p782498
3D Face Analysis wrote:If you search for "hot guys" on Google Images, it will come up with these results:

Image

That's all you need. If you think you need any more muscle you're coping.


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84440&start=30#p782538
3D Face Analysis wrote:The "slender" body type got rated two points HIGHER than the "typical" body type despite being rated as LESS dominant.

Image

Optimal is the "toned" body.

http://dfred.bol.ucla.edu/FrederickHase ... icator.pdf


http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitness- ... ant-to-be/
Image
Image


http://www.femininebeauty.info/comment/ ... mment-5194
Let me post some photos of men that women generally find attractive:

First of all, a man that is slightly darker is always a bit more charming. Ever heard of tall, dark and handsome? However, lighter men are attractive as well, but I think women and men alike associate lighter hair,skin,eyes, etc. with greater feminity, even though it doesn't relate to hormone levels.

This guy is muscular, but its not too much! not for me at least... however for some girls it MAY be too much.

Image

This guy doesn't have that much muscle. However, he is bulky and wide shouldered. This is more attractive than someone who is bulky and has a shit load of muscle. His face has feminine features, but he is attractive nonetheless. In fact I find that feminine features such as slightly fuller lips, bigger eyes, etc. on a man attract women even more. After all they want to see those attractive qualities in their children boy or girl don't they?

Image

Same guy, only thinner:

Image

Image

What would help Steven straights appearance? A slightly finer nose from the frontal view, while side profile is alright

Paul Walker is extremely attractive:

Image

Image

Are you getting the drift?

The men I picked I find very attractive. However, for example some women find even leaner less muscular, or men with a less masculine build even more attractive. I know absolutley NO women that like overly muscular overly masculine guys. This is the truth:

That men on the masculine side of the scale are considered more attractive, however once that scale goes to far a man on the feminine side would do better even

Same with women: A woman on the feminine scale is more attractive, but once she gets too feminine no one finds her attractive anymore.

Besides, the whole feminine masculine scale in my opinion doesn't have to do as much with attraction as you claim. A woman with nice features that isn't particularly feminine can be more attractive than a feminine woman with boring, bland, or just bad features. And many times even androgynous women can look good, is it rarer? Yes, but not possible.

And also we all like to see feminine qualities in both males and females. If a man has big eyes, or pouty lips, etc. That is attractive to a woman. Similarly if a woman has a combination body type, such as an hourglass/athletic type, this may be more attractive. This woman is curvy, has a small waist and large breasts, however, her shoulders may be a tiny wider and her legs or something more athletic. Who cares? This woman can be very athletic and stunning at the sam e time.


Women's ideal male body is on the left, the men's ideal male body is on the right. Women prefer bodies with LESS muscles than what males prefer.

Image


viewtopic.php?p=782526#p782526
3D Face Analysis wrote:Dominance doesn't always equal sex appeal though.

Image

Bald men are perceived as dominant. Men with hook noses and a lot of body hair are perceived as dominant too. But these traits are NOT preferable sexually despite their perceived dominance.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61373


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85212
3D Face Analysis wrote:Image

Girls on reddit.com/r/LadyBoners prefer to left guy more. The right guy's body is a little too lean. He'd look better with a bit more fat on his arms and abdomen.

Girls don't want to reproduce with guys who look like they're starving.


viewtopic.php?p=717617#p717617
3D Face Analysis wrote:For example this guy is too lean:

Image

I think you are still very lean in this pic, and could gain more bodyfat for sure.
No worries about the legs..


I also think you need more fat on you. I’ve never been a fan of the ultra lean muscular body. Muscles that are “softened” by a layer of fat is much more attractive to me. Maybe it’s equivalent to guys who say that they don’t like it when women are just skin and bones. I don’t like it when men are just skin and muscles. A layer of fat makes everyone look nicer.


Women say he looks better here:

Image


Bodies that are too lean:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Ideal bodies:

Image

Image



Actually true. But this is so horribly written and formatted that no one is going to read it. The post is a train wreck of visual design.
SIGNATURE
PostThis post by cats was deleted by puanewb on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 am.
Reason: Requested via PM

In general and taking the average opinion you are right.

However having a top tier fitnessmodel body makes you attractive to a certain niche and might be the last hope for people who are average everwhere else.



Its quite unlikly that a person will get "too muscular" without use of steroids.

I'm nearing a 425 deadlift and I look a bit bigger than before, but nothing nearing "too muscular".

Just stick to compound lifts and do cardio.

What you need to do is to stop listening to what women SAY or report in studies, and start looking at how they actually BEHAVE IRL.



Samsung wrote:What you need to do is to stop listening to what women SAY or report in studies, and start looking at how they actually BEHAVE IRL.



they mean with "TOO muscular" roidcels.
It looks fake, that's why they don't like it. They hate when males try to cheat.
Image

Yeah framecels, fat bastards, and roid cels are all subhuman compared to a handsome man with a fit well toned proportionate body.
Last edited by Sociopath1983 on Sun May 31, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.


Mouth Breathing Master Race Rules All!!!!

Image

eating pizza and drinking soda daily with top ideal body and shit muscle building genetics,

we've made it brahs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stopped reading when I read "toned" was the ideal body type. Just fucking LOL.
Image
German/Mexican Aesthetics Crew

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

"Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

8-10% bf% is still best for facial leanness. Over 10% will obscure facial bone definition. All top MMs stay around 10% bf

Maybe for long term relationships, but who cares about LTRs. Women prefer a lean body mass slayer to cheat on their boyfriends and for one night stands.

Muscle is dimorphic and dimorphism is part of raw sex appeal, obviously.

According to op, these bodies are unattractive :lol:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Can't wait for copecels to post extremely ugly framecel gymcels. :roll:
T
RSA


Image
PostThis post by cats was deleted by puanewb on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 am.
Reason: Requested via PM

what they say is attractive =//= what they fuck. we should go off what they rate most dominant, as who is most attractive, and who they rate most attractive, as ideal for LTR cuckCELLING.
Image

All these studies are flawed because they are based upon the opinions of the average woman. The average woman in the US in 2015 is overweight, and I don't care what she thinks. I only care what the fit ones think. I am attracted to lean women, and it has been my experience that lean women are more attracted to me at 10% BF, then at 12% BF.

I suspect some women subconsciously recognized Brad Pitt's Fight Club picture and that had a halo effect on the results. I estimate his Bf at 8% in that picture, so it completely contridicts the first study that says 12% BF is ideal.

The guy that you say does not have that much muscle, probably has more muscle than 90% of men.

The hyper muscular men that you say women don't like only amount to about 0.1% of the male population.

cats wrote:
LarryBird wrote:Maybe for long term relationships, but who cares about LTRs

The vast majority of sex happens in LTRs. If you have no LTR appeal, you aren't getting laid much.


Cucks get laid in their relationships, nothing to see here. The guys I posted have extreme STR/ONS/Slaying appeal and you're crazy if you think they aren't getting laid easily if they aren't in LTRs.

these fucking bitches are evil spouting about femininity looking good on men, some me actually fall for this trick and get PS to look more feminine, even tho the women know the guys they fuck arent feminine.

3D Face Analysis wrote:
PCT is SHIT wrote:these fucking bitches are evil spouting about femininity looking good on men, some me actually fall for this trick and get PS to look more feminine, even tho the women know the guys they fuck arent feminine.

Thick lips, high cheekbones and hollow cheeks are commonly regarded as "feminine". When women say they prefer "feminine" faces they actually mean thick lips, high cheekbones and hollow cheeks.

Many men regard Jeremy Meeks to be "feminine" due to his thick lips, high cheekbones and hollow cheeks.

Image


Dat Meeks fwhr tho.

And when sluthaters say women prefer "feminine" faces, they mean this:

Image

Literally lesbian faced twinks.

Sociopath1983 wrote:8-10% bf% is still best for facial leanness. Over 10% will obscure facial bone definition. All top MMs stay around 10% bf


This. 8% is legit. Unless you're competing, there's no need to go any lower.

OldRooster1 wrote:All these studies are flawed because they are based upon the opinions of the average woman. The average woman in the US in 2015 is overweight, and I don't care what she thinks. I only care what the fit ones think. I am attracted to lean women, and it has been my experience that lean women are more attracted to me at 10% BF, then at 12% BF.

I suspect some women subconsciously recognized Brad Pitt's Fight Club picture and that had a halo effect on the results. I estimate his Bf at 8% in that picture, so it completely contridicts the first study that says 12% BF is ideal.

The guy that you say does not have that much muscle, probably has more muscle than 90% of men.

The hyper muscular men that you say women don't like only amount to about 0.1% of the male population.


All of this.

Lol at caring about what some fat/average female thinks. If they were male, we'd be talking about how they're copecelling away, rationalizing about how they aren't attracted to someone clearly out of their league.
Depressioncel crew
Heavy Metal crew
Gymcel crew

since when are high cheekbones/hoolow cheeks considered feminine? also meeks has thick lips cus hes black, white guys with big lips is feminine and unappealing though.

cosmonaut wrote:Image




something like that is the ideal then right? or more muscle mass?


Bluepill.

This is the physique women fantasize about being raped by.

Image

duskyx wrote:
cosmonaut wrote:Image




something like that is the ideal then right? or more muscle mass?


Bluepill.

This is the physique women fantasize about being raped by.

Image



Both look fake as fuck. Look how a genetic god amogs both natty

Image

First one looks like a twink despite his roid frame. Second looks simply fake.

One issue with body fat numbers is that different methods deliver different results. As best as I can tell from a google search, the Omron BF-500 (the device used in the 12% study) costs a little under $100 and tends to overestimate BF% by a point or two compared to DEXA (which the consensus says is the closest to reality). So that 12% body fat might actually be more like 10-11% body fat. To make things further difficult, the agreement between DEXA and other popular body fat estimations is also all over the place, with calipers tending to underestimate body fat compared to DEXA.

So the reality is that if you're a gymcel whose ideas about body fat% and what it looks like are based on caliper readings, the 12% from the study might be closer to what gym folks would call 8%.

Finally, all attraction studies which ask women questions about attractiveness and then use their responses to draw conclusions are prone to the same problem: what people say about such things and what they actually do regarding these sorts of things are often two different things.
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 106 guests