LOL at this manlet coping on r/short

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

http://www.reddit.com/r/short/comments/1igvyr/am_i_the_only_one_who_thinks_being_short_as_a_guy/

Am I the only one who thinks being short (as a guy) is an advantage?

It seems so reading this subreddit. Before I say anything, I want to comment on two things I know are going to draw attention. 1.) Yes, I am using experiences from my personal life. This is my own personal view. 2.) This is not a "throwaway". I've posted on reddit a while back, but I forgot my password to my other account. So this is just a break from the lurking I have done for about a year.

Okay,so now back to the title. It seems that the majority of you guys believe that being short is a disadvantage, and some of you even go beyond that to say its life-alteringly bad. I am here to present my own view about the numerous advantages of a short male height, starting from (in my opinion) weakest to strongest.

1.) I don't think that short guys are not given chances to lead or be dominnant. I know that this is just purely speculation. People treat me with great respect and often show deference to me. I am pretty sure that this is not the average experience though. I do however, think that short guys can make very powerful leaders from the contrast between perceived physical power and social power (think Scarface).I know that this is not a very good "reason" but like I said it is my weakest and I just wanted to get that out there.

2.)Short guys can build muscle so easily. So easily. It is so much easier to fill out a five foot frame than a six foot one. You can get so muscular so fast its insane.

3.) You can do more with that muscle. Body weight exercises are so much easier and the heights (ha) you can achieve are so much greater. You can lift 2x your weight much easier. You can maneuver and climb so much better (there was this one Japanese ninja show that had the contestants do insane things in order to win and the things it demands from the body can pretty much only be achieved by a short man).

3a.) Which means you can handle Gs better. You can be a fighter pilot or operate the next awesome sort of machine our brains event. You have a low center of gravity if you're into grappling.

4.) You can endure longer. You will be able to run for longer than someone taller than you. This is incredibly valuable in my opinion.

5.) You need less. Generally speaking, you will eat less than someone twice your size. Also valuable.

6.) You're more comfortable. Planes, beds, showers, the list goes on and on. Things are built to the lowest possible specification to save money. I have never seen a tall person comfortable on an aircraft, even in first class.

7.) You live longer. I think this one speaks for itself. How cool is that?

There are probably some other things I've not mentioned, but this is all that came to me at the time. I just really wanted to write this post. I also wanted to just point out that most brilliant people I've met (I've actually met a lot just by virtue of my job) have been short. I don't know why that's been the case and I honestly don't think anything of it ; I just thought it was interesting.

The only disadvantage I believe comes with being short is that women don't like it. And to that I honestly say ,"who cares". I don't and I don't think you should either. But that's just my opinion.

I'd like to hear your opinions about my opinion.

Some of its true. Tall people usually don't live as long (harder on heart) and yeah some things are more comfortable being short.

But overall I rather be tall (5'10+, not freakishly tall though 6'6+) then be short (I'm 5'4).

Overall its a huge disadvantage. Especially with women.
=Virgin Crew=
=Supreme Gentleman Crew=
=Dwarfcel Crew=

lol at manlets

like anyone gives a shit about living til youre 85, while an six foot brah dies at 78.

you really got us there manlets (FUCKING LOL)

Yeah right that why so many guys are getting height reduction surgery. :lol: (it seems to be popular with MTF haha)

Yeahhh that's some level 9000 coping. Manletism is bad, very bad.

mjs0686 wrote:Some of its true. Tall people usually don't live as long (harder on heart) and yeah some things are more comfortable being short.

But overall I rather be tall (5'10+, not freakishly tall though 6'6+) then be short (I'm 5'4).

Overall its a huge disadvantage. Especially with women.

5ft4....fuck thats bad

The only disadvantage I believe comes with being short is that women don't like it.

No shit Sherlock!!! But everything is fine and dandy because you will be able to fly in planes in comfort or maybe become an astronaut... :lol:

Someone MUST go on the site and parody the guy's original post

RudeRudy wrote:
backagain wrote:
5ft4....fuck thats bad

Automatic 0/10

Its bad yeah. Not 0/10 bad cause I've managed to go on some dates with some 3 or 4s /10 in the past.
I'd say 2/10

But yeah I gave up on women 5 years ago. I have strong will power and lots of money so it sucks for me that no matter how much work I put into it or how much money I make I can never change this.

I have 0 sympathy for overweight men or women. You can lose the weight. But you can never gain the height no matter how much you work for it.

Oh well.

I've seen the difference between how a 6 ft man is treated and how a 5"8 man is treated. The tall man is treated FAR better.
What is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through much effort and discipline?

Legit. Who cares about women fawning over tall men when I can handle g forces better?

thehamburgerman wrote:Legit. Who cares about women fawning over tall men when I can handle g forces better?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The post I put here was just one of many examples on that site. A bluepill cesspool, where they all circlejerk about how height is a "social construct".

Another fucking gem- from a 6'6" guy natrually.

Life in high school is not indicative of life ahead.

People stop caring about height in social settings. I get the odd "tall justin" comment at parties, and you may get something similar, but its something that someone will mention once, and move on to something new.

Otherwise I have never seen someone singled out or ridiculed at a party for their height, whether it be tall or short. If you find yourself in a situation later in life with "friends" who feel the need to insult you over it, consider a change in venue, meet new people, and find an atmosphere that you feel comfortable.

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice