Does maxillary advancement correct forward head posture?

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Forward head posture occurs in order to allow for more air intake. Maxillary advancement would allow for your lower jaw to come forward out of its locked position, increasing your breathing canal...So yes

RetractedMaxilla wrote:
ruskiroid wrote:Forward head posture occurs in order to allow for more air intake. Maxillary advancement would allow for your lower jaw to come forward out of its locked position, increasing your breathing canal...So yes

do you have any source supporting this?

the only source u need is tomato on ur pizza

Not true, my traps and upper back muscles push my neck forward.

Both my father and i have decent maxillas and our necks are forward

His lower jaw is good and robust. Mine is so-so. Def not recessed tho

RetractedMaxilla wrote:
ruskiroid wrote:Forward head posture occurs in order to allow for more air intake. Maxillary advancement would allow for your lower jaw to come forward out of its locked position, increasing your breathing canal...So yes

do you have any source supporting this?

this is the same thought pattern my current orthotropist uses as well. All orthodonists are mostly bro scientists at the end of the day though.

Mouth Breathing Master Race Rules All!!!!

Many people exhibit forward head posture without obvious deformity (and thus need for air intake). Forward head posture and poor overall posture can disrupt facial growth too.

JustTheWayYouAre wrote:Many people exhibit forward head posture without obvious deformity (and thus need for air intake). Forward head posture and poor overall posture can disrupt facial growth too.

only the mews have ever claimed posture affects facial growth. They are mostly pseudo scientists.

RealityPill wrote:Not true, my traps and upper back muscles push my neck forward.

Both my father and i have decent maxillas and our necks are forward

Logic fails you.

Just because a narrowed airway (caused by recessed jaws) can cause forward head posture, does not mean all cases of forward head posture are caused by a narrowed airway / recessed jaw.

RetractedMaxilla: I don't remember it exactly but do you suffer from difficulties with breathing? I've recessed lower jaw and even when my head is in the optimal position, I still can breath flawlessly.

RetractedMaxilla wrote:i'm sure nobody asked this yet.

deadlifts and not sitting at a desk all day

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice