Why is time going A LOT faster the older I get?

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

I remember a year in elementary school seemed like an incredibly long time as a kid.
Now I'm 20, times at college literally fly by, even when I keep busy . It's like god has just increased the treadmill speed by 10 mph h for the lulz.

Why has time picked up in pace so much as I have gotten older?

Because you do the same shitty routine everyday. Spice things up and time will move slower.
What is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through much effort and discipline?

Because your brain processes time differently as you get older.

Bojack wrote:Because you do the same shitty routine everyday. Spice things up and time will move slower.

Like what

Wait 5 years man it starts to get much worse, time at 20 seemed much slower than at 25

mrz wrote:Wait 5 years man it starts to get much worse, time at 20 seemed much slower than at 25

Yeah but you do very little with your day

Because everything is new to you as a child. If you are doing the same thing day in day out your days will go by faster

I think it has something to do with how much information your brain takes in. Thats why when you do drugs like LSD time seems to move slow because your brain acts like its a kid again or something like thaht.

firehaze wrote:Because your brain processes time differently as you get older.

this is the right answer.

Because time is relative. 1 year seemed like forever when you were 5 because it was 20% of your entire existence. At 20, that same year is now only 5%. The older you get the smaller that percentage gets, which is why time feels like it speeds up

sociallycapable wrote:
mrz wrote:Wait 5 years man it starts to get much worse, time at 20 seemed much slower than at 25

Yeah but you do very little with your day

Just as much as always

Datak Tarr wrote:Because everything is new to you as a child. If you are doing the same thing day in day out your days will go by faster

Yep, this is part of it.
The main aspect of this perception of time though across aging is,
when you are say 10 years old, 100% of your life is only 10 years.
10% is one year

when you are thirty years old, and 100% of your life is thirty years, 10% of your mind/life/time is 3 years. There is a contraction in perception sheerly due to the logistics of life and time.

It is what happens as you get older. Lanklet used to always talk about it. Apparently it only gets worse as you age. TIme is racing by for me right now and I'm 19. FUcking hell life is a scam.
"Sneaking out at night to lie with your virgin gf under the stars. Penetrating her for the first time. Seeing her face in the crowd at your HS football game. Having a huge group of jock friends. You never experienced any of that. It's over. You lost at life. Time to man up and become a provider. Time to downsize and save for retirement. Time to Gillete shave your face and become a mister. Time to acknowledge that you were always destined for mediocrity. Welcome to hell. Welcome to life."

When you get to 70 years old, it seems like people are moving crazy fast like the flash. Days only last what an hour feels like now. You can literally see the grass growing.

If you are 25, you really only have another 25 years left to live due to time dilation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is written in bone.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Einstein uncanningly summing up life as an incel

If you want a long life, make it hard with discipline.

“I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago of being overwhelmed by the Turks, and how ridiculous such an idea now is! The more civilised so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world.”
― Charles Darwin

"A prevention of the faculty and opportunity to procreate on the part of the physically degenerate and mentally sick, over the period of only six hundred years, would not only free humanity from an immeasurable misfortune, but would lead to a recovery which today seems scarcely conceivable."
― Adolf Hitler

"The way of nature has always been to slay the hindmost, and there is still no other way, unless we can prevent those who would become the hindmost being born. It is in the sterilization of failures, and not in the selection of successes for breeding, that the possibility of an improvement of the human stock lies."
― H. G. Wells

"It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind....Three generations of imbeciles are enough."
― U.S. Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., Buck v. Bell, 1927

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice