Copper-Zinc imbalance. (shout out to HansonMMMbop)

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Remember HansonMMMbop posting about this...whilst scouring the Weston A. Price (whose 'fat soluble vitamin' theory I adhere to) site I came across this post.

http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-diseases/copper-zinc-imbalance-unrecognized-consequence-of-plant-based-diets-and-a-contributor-to-chronic-fatigue/

Some tid-bits (more in the link above).
Copper-Zinc Imbalance: Unrecognized Consequence of Plant-Based Diets and a Contributor to Chronic Fatigue

A commonly reported consequence of vegetarian or vegan diets, or even diets that rely too heavily on plant foods, is chronic fatigue. Many sufferers subsequently embrace the principles enumerated by Weston Price, adopting a diet containing more nutrient-dense animal foods and fat; however, the fatigue often persists, even after considerable time on the new diet.

The fact is that the micronutrient copper is widely available in unrefined foods, but the mineral zinc, needed in larger amounts to balance copper, can only reliably be obtained in optimum amounts from land-based animal foods, in particular eggs and red meats.

In lighter diets generally, and in heavily plant-based diets in particular, zinc is sharply reduced relative to copper, protein is curtailed, and fat is provided scantily at best. The excess copper that builds up in tissues is in unbound, inorganic form, highly immobile and creates a low-level toxicity that interferes with many body systems. Particularly affected are the liver and digestion, which are already hampered by increasing deficiency of zinc. As bile function and digestive vigor decline, difficulty with meat and fat develops. Legions of light-diet and vegetarian adherents feel justified in their choices because heavier food becomes unpalatable to them.

Even in 1975, Pfeiffer considered zinc status in most Americans to be borderline at best. After twenty-five years of vegetarianism and plant-based diets, it is doubtful our status today is even that optimistic. Too many other factors also work to increase copper and work against zinc. Zinc galvanized pipes have been replaced by copper pipes in many areas, which can be etched by slightly acidic water supplies. Birth control pills and other medications increase the retention of copper. Blanching of vegetables before commercial freezing removes zinc and many trace minerals, while copper is added to many multivitamins.

There are numerous other factors contributing to this imbalance, but most devastatingly zinc is lost from our bodies every day when we are under stress. The more stress, the higher the losses, and yet zinc is needed in large amounts by our stress-resisting adrenal glands. When we are zinc-deficient our innate coping resources can start to unravel, and the grind of everyday stress can seem overwhelming.

Dutch, do you have any idea about graying hair?
Is it caused by simply genes degeneration or low levels of Copper,etc..?
My father and brother grayed in teenage hood, where as mine look like a newly bought broom.
Myself wrote:Mmmm....juicy, crunchy skullz!

Myself wrote:I'm gonna crunch some skullz
Gotta do some genetic cleansin'
I-I-Im hunting, looking for some incels
This is fucking awesome

PinVistheonlyIOI wrote:saw an ethnic girl at work today with an underbite/hooked nose act like a blonde valley girl

Maxzilla wrote:
CrunchTheySkullz wrote:
Ive not seen your gym picture, but have seen a different one where you were shirtless, laying down like a sexy bitch on your bed.

u fuckin wot m8??? LOL, u been hacking my webcam again?

Legit.

If you scour for studies on trace minerals, you will find that a shitty zinc:copper ratio is related to so many diseases and sub-par hormonal states. Copper status is heavily tied to estrogen status (when estrogen increases, so do tissue copper levels)

Don't even take copper unless you have a clinical deficiency, and take 10-30 mg zinc picolinate per day and this will restore balance.

Zinc also improves the free testosterone:estrogen ratio.

Meaning bigger bones, stronger erections, lower body-fat, more aggression.

Saliva testosterone and criminal violence in young adult prison inmates:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3575604

High Free testosterone levels independently predicted a decreased risk of ED in young men:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25800960

Free testosterone is a positive, whereas free estradiol is a negative, predictor of cortical bone size in young Swedish men:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16007330

Quite happy to see 'Wheat Germ' has top tier zinc levels.

I myself eat 'Crackers, with added Wheat Germ'. Something I'd recommend others to consume.

It's very much the 'yolk of the egg' equivalent in wheat.
Wheat germ or wheatgerm is a concentrated source of several essential nutrients including Vitamin E, folate (folic acid), phosphorus, thiamin, zinc, and magnesium, as well as essential fatty acids and fatty alcohols. It is a good source of fiber. White bread is made using flour that has had the germ and bran removed. Wheat germ can be added to protein shakes, casseroles, muffins, pancakes, cereals, yogurt, smoothies, cookies, and other goods. Wheat germ can become rancid if not properly stored in a refrigerator or freezer, and away from sunlight. Some manufacturers prevent rancidity by storing wheat germ in vacuum sealed glass containers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal_germ#Wheat_germ <--- Check out the table with nutritional stats.

CrunchTheySkullz wrote:Dutch, do you have any idea about graying hair?
Is it caused by simply genes degeneration or low levels of Copper,etc..?
My father and brother grayed in teenage hood, where as mine look like a newly bought broom.

Sorry buddy, ain't really researched into greying, nor have I stumbled across much linked to it. I think it's primarily to do with aging...maybe lowering Melanin levels too.

Your hair is pitch black, legit.
Last edited by Dutch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite Looksmaxer wrote:what are safe maximum daily doses of copper/zinc levels in mg to keep the balance?

WAPF recommend a 7-to-1 ratio in favor of Zinc.

I love you bastards. Fixing my hormonal profile is my #1 priority right now.
T
RSA

animal lover wrote::lol:

Correlation between serum testosterone level and concentrations of copper and zinc in hair tissue:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21671089

"Significant negative correlations were evident between total testosterone and Cu level (r = -0.252, P = 0.022), and the Cu/Zn ratio (r = -0.288, P = 0.008). Normal testosterone is associated with a higher Zn level. Decreased serum testosterone is significantly associated with a high level of Cu and elevated Cu/Zn ratio in hair tissue."
PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

medjon wrote:Saying that by taking mineral or vitamin X and Y will happen is like telling an incel that if he wears high quality socks his success with women will improve.

Maybe it serves as motivation for incels who stuff themselves exclusively with chocolate every day wondering why they're skinnyfat with no libido.

Otherwise you're right.

Moderate zinc supplementation is still beneficial for near everybody

Another coping mechanism for incels to avoid admitting their chronic fatigue is due to shitty genetics and there is nothing they can do about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anal prolapse wrote:Another coping mechanism for incels to avoid admitting their chronic fatigue is due to shitty genetics and there is nothing they can do about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Experimentally inducing a zinc deficiency in four young males decreased the average testosterone level from 1000+ng/dl to 300 ng/dl after 20 weeks of zinc restriction :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8875519

T-levels have a strong genetic tie, but a shitty diet and lifestyle will not make you fulfill your ceiling
Last edited by HansonMMMbop on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HansonMMMbop wrote:Zinc also improves the free testosterone:estrogen ratio.

Meaning bigger bones, stronger erections, lower body-fat, more aggression.

Saliva testosterone and criminal violence in young adult prison inmates:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3575604

High Free testosterone levels independently predicted a decreased risk of ED in young men:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25800960

Free testosterone is a positive, whereas free estradiol is a negative, predictor of cortical bone size in young Swedish men:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16007330

Vitamin D has been linked to increased Test' levels & Free Androgens, conclusively lowers Body Fat, increases Muscle Mass and is very strongly correlated with Bone Mineral Density too.

Vit' D + Zinc = recipe for success

I genuinely put on 12lbs in a few weeks by consuming vitamin D fortified foods (yogurts, cereals, as well as sunbathing as the weather here was good) and doing some calisthenics every day, srs. (like most people I was likely Vit' D deficient, so upping it helped with BMD, Test', Muscle and Fat all in positive ways).

HansonMMMbop wrote:
Anal prolapse wrote:Another coping mechanism for incels to avoid admitting their chronic fatigue is due to shitty genetics and there is nothing they can do about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Experimentally inducing a zinc deficiency in four young males decreased the average testosterone level from 1000+ng/dl to 300 ng/dl after 20 weeks of zinc restriction :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8875519

Purposely inducing a zinc deficiency, yeah, that is relevant to my interests

Fuckin' retards, avoid Vit' D, Calcium, Zinc, etc. And come back to us with your brittle bird bones, lower muscle mass, fatty weak muscles, faggit.

How can you be so pig headed. Nutrients are the building blocks for your body, they affect so much, they influence your hormonal profile (you should all know the affects growth hormones and androgens have on your face/body).

Mong-a-saururs Rex.

Vit' D resistant Rickets.
Hypophosphataemic vitamin-D-resistant rickets (HVDRR) is a hereditary disease mainly transmitted as an X-linked dominant trait and characterized by certain general clinical signs (Filho HM, de Castro LC, Damiani D. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metab. 2006;50:802). In literature, only one study had been published in 1965 on the cephalometric findings in patients with HVDRR (Marks SC, Lindahl RL, Bawden JW. J Dent Child. 1965;32:259). This is the first detailed study on craniofacial characteristics of patients with HVDRR in the dental literature. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of HVDRR on the parameters of the craniofacial skeleton of young Jordanian patients using cephalometric analysis. Lateral cephalometric radiographs were made for 22 Jordanian children (aged 2-16 years) diagnosed with HVDRR. The cephalometeric parameters of HVDRR group were compared with those of normal control group matched for gender and chronological age using paired t-test. The HVDRR group had a significant increase in the SNBa angle (P < 0.01); as well as reduced anterior cranial base length (P = 0.01), reduced maxillary length, corpus mandibular length and mandibular height (P = 0.01, 0.04 and 0.008 respectively). The cranial base and gonial angles were significantly increased in diseased individual, but the SNA and ANB angles were significantly reduced (P = 0.018 and 0.000 respectively). The angulation of the lower incisor to mandibular plane was also significantly reduced in the diseased group compared with Jordanian norm (P = 0.004). Patients with HVDRR have deficiency in the anterior cranial base length, ramus height and cranial base angle. Patients with HVDRR also have class III skeletal relationship.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19531089

But...but...western diets are perfect, no one these days is insufficient in anything, life is grand, everyone has enough nutrients.

91% of African Americans are Vit D deficient.
According to the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 61% of white and 91% of black Americans suffer from vitamin D insufficiency (25D < 32 ng/mL). Recent studies have demonstrated that a minimum 25(OH)D level of 32 ng/mL is necessary for optimal protection from fracture and intestinal absorption of calcium

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18460265

Feggit.

HansonMMMbop wrote:Legit.

If you scour for studies on trace minerals, you will find that a shitty zinc:copper ratio is related to so many diseases and sub-par hormonal states. Copper status is heavily tied to estrogen status (when estrogen increases, so do tissue copper levels)

Don't even take copper unless you have a clinical deficiency, and take 10-30 mg zinc picolinate per day and this will restore balance.

Just read my zinc is gluconate. Should I switch to picolinate? I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

I take 100mg of zinc and 10,000 iu vitamin d everyday and it doesn't do shit.
PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

Dutch wrote:
Fuckin' retards, avoid Vit' D, Calcium, Zinc, etc. And come back to us with your brittle bird bones, lower muscle mass, fatty weak muscles, faggit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Everybody gets enough of those in modern diet. The only way to not get enough is if you eat a very imbalanced diet (like bodybuilders, that's why they need supplements) or if you are on a heavy calorie restricted diet.

Your bird bones, lower muscle mass isn't because of external factors, buddy

It's your GENETICS

medjon wrote:Now that we have so many wise minds writing on this thread tell us what are the most important vitamins/supplements to take?

Vitamin D, Zinc, Omega 3?

Vitamins: D3, K2 (MK-4 & MK-7), A (retinol) .
Minerals: Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium.

Anal prolapse wrote:
Dutch wrote:

Everybody gets enough of those in modern diet. The only way to not get enough is if you eat a very imbalanced diet (like bodybuilders, that's why they need supplements) or if you are on a heavy calorie restricted diet.

It's your GENETICS

I dont think you can read m8

fuckthat wrote:
Anal prolapse wrote:

It's your GENETICS

I dont think you can read m8

Aw sorry for that,

here, I give you back your delusion that we are deficient in minerals and if we just had our diet right when we were kids, we would have become slayers.

Please take it back, sorry for taking it away from you.

Anal prolapse wrote:

It's your GENETICS

Fuckin mong, diet has a huge influence on Bone Mineral Density. Ask any fucking doctor, scientist, or anyone with an I.Q over 90. Osteoporosis is treated with fuckin' Vitamin D, Calcium and Steroids. (My grandmother is get prescribed roids for it).

Vitamin D has a huge influence on bone growth.

Muscle Mass is linked to increased Test', IGF-1, Vit' D, Zinc, etc. (the amount of lazy fat fucks who eat sugary foods and sit at a screen, never exercising, never getting sun exposure, consuming to little Zinc to balance their Copper... is IMMENSE).

You absolute bozo, Whey Protein has a market and is popular/well revered because it fucking works. It's just a protein, you know like you consume, it's in Milk (though Casein is the main protein in it).

You absolute scrublord, did you miss the part of my post where I linked you a study showing over half of whites, and nine-fucking-tenths of blacks are Vit' D sufficient.

You do realize rickets was on the rise, and that's why children marketed cereals were fortified with Vitamin D.

Have you not read that Zinc levels are borderline at best in the average male, and that the Copper-Zinc balance is out of whack. You fucking chin drooler, you evidently haven't been following the discussion here.
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice