Just had such a deep realization / understanding of LYFE.

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

I had a conflict, to go out somewhere with somebody or don't go, and after I kinda made up my mind, I realized....

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I WANT TO "DO A CERTAIN THING" AND AT THE SAME TIME I WANT "NOT DO THE CERTAIN THING"

Something hit me, my head started to feel under pressure (it was like the higher chakras became active or something)

I realized, in this moment, consciously I don't have nearly any desires. To deal with the PRESENT situation, I don't need almost anything. How easy lyfe is.

How I have been caught up in something IMPOSED on me. Some mental structures, and concepts. How caught up in it I was...

I realized you can't CONSCIOUSLY have a desire and at the same time have an opposite desire.

I realized YOU ARE NOT YOUR CONFLICT : YOU ARE NOT SIDE 1 OF A CONFLICT YOU ARE NOT SIDE 2 OF THE CONFLICT

I realized I am beyond the conflict, and then something strange happened, like I don't know what I want, I feel like I don't want much, and I feel so much AT PEACE.

I feel like I was blinded by some shit before.

It hit me that it doesn't make ANY sense, like HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE to want to do something and at the same time want not to do the same thing. It's ridiculous. I kinda realized both those desires are superimposed on me, they are like people (NOT ME) arguing in my head.

I realized, I can't go on this way any longer. A man can't functin if he wants a certain thing and at the same time he wants the exact opposite.

Conflict is the MAIN problem. It creates SO MUCH TENSION. So fucking much tension. You can't live LYFE!

I mean... it can't be my desire. My true desire.

Now I want to drink. And I want to write. There is no conflict. But in the previous state I would feel discomfort here. When I finish writing I go drink. There is no conflict. I want both things and they are not in conflict. I don't want not to drink. And I don't want not to write.

But the whole neurotic situation is wanting to write and not wanting to write. It's truly amazing.

I can't even comprehend. The state I'm in is so strange, yet it feels "right", it feels "solid"

Let me blow your mind once more: All profound statements simplify to trivialities. Achieving what you want isn't about reaching a certain state and everything falling in to place. It's about being constantly uncomfortable.

dude...

If you aren't joking about what you've just posted... I think you've just became enlightened. Look it up

Slayer Sensei wrote:I had a conflict, to go out somewhere with somebody or don't go, and after I kinda made up my mind, I realized....

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I WANT TO "DO A CERTAIN THING" AND AT THE SAME TIME I WANT "NOT DO THE CERTAIN THING"

That's called being dissonant, the emotional state it produces is called cognitive dissonance. English doesn't really have an overly sophisticated way to discuss it, usually English doesn't have a nested want, so you can talk about what you want but not what you want to want.

I realized you can't CONSCIOUSLY have a desire and at the same time have an opposite desire.

Sure you can, there is want and want to want. I think "want" is affective and "want to want" is intellectual, borrowing from the language used to discuss types of empathy. When affect and intellect don't mesh it is dissonance, the affective feeling of this sort of dissonance is cognitive dissonance.

there are different parts of you that are in conflict with each other

dualistically or actually there may be even more parts arguing and having different interest, it's like a huge group of people in your head

a transpersonal psychologist i know says that conflicts are the number 1 cause of not being able to feel certain feelings, like joy, freedom, love, sexual feelings, etc. He says that conflicts between parts of human psyche create chakra blockages.

Slayer Sensei wrote:there are different parts of you that are in conflict with each other

dualistically or actually there may be even more parts arguing and having different interest, it's like a huge group of people in your head

a transpersonal psychologist i know says that conflicts are the number 1 cause of not being able to feel certain feelings, like joy, freedom, love, sexual feelings, etc. He says that conflicts between parts of human psyche create chakra blockages.

Most likely two different neural networks in your brain that evolved at different times, want is more primitive than want to want...usually you should defer to want to want.

mrz wrote:
Slayer Sensei wrote:there are different parts of you that are in conflict with each other

Most likely two different neural networks in your brain that evolved at different times, want is more primitive than want to want...usually you should defer to want to want.

intredastink

u g krishnamurti said that people never deal with bad feelings such as sadness or inferiority, but they deal with frustration that : they feel bad, that somebody made them feel that way, that they are not free from that yet, etc etc etc

Sounds like Gurdjieff, he said people are made up of thousands of "I's", each one taking the spotlight at different moments. His idea of ascension was to unify the I's, creating a stronger will (actually, that without that, we have no will, and we are just machines). He believed that it was the only way to survive death. Hes the kind of person that says interesting things, but then goes overboard with it. His books are mental. But still pretty interesting.

danger is a point in time when you have to think your hardest

tuls wrote:Sounds like Gurdjieff, he said people are made up of thousands of "I's", each one taking the spotlight at different moments. His idea of ascension was to unify the I's, creating a stronger will (actually, that without that, we have no will, and we are just machines). He believed that it was the only way to survive death. Hes the kind of person that says interesting things, but then goes overboard with it. His books are mental. But still pretty interesting.

yea i know, gurdijeff tho is said to have experimented on his students and doing some crazy shit

but actually that's true

you can actually "talk to" separate parts of you, know them better - by asking questions, they have different points of view, they think different thoughts, and have limited spectrum of feelings.

this is why people are one person when they are interacting daily, and transform into different people when they on a night out. of course there are exceptions - people who are always in a kind of "party animals" everywhere they go (meaning this part of them is strong), or people who are like daily casual interactions everywhere (meaning they don't have or have a weak party "I")

what's most interesting to me is that most of the parts are COLLECTIVE

meaning - people desire, think, want the same things all over the world.
it's only a matter of how much a certain individual allows the COLLECTIVE part of psyche dominate in his life, how big it will be, if there will be any blockages to it's full expression, and what OTHER PARTS will this person have that will create conflicts, and create opportunities for "switching" into a different part.

Also, I have been sometimes able to "be somebody" aka "take their part". If that makes fucking sense.

I mean, you have somewhere (collective mind/consciousness?) an idea of almost any "part" and possible "behavior" it's just a matter of how much and if you want/need a certain part in your life. It's almost as if you TAKE the part into you from somewhere (where?)

what is there when you jump out of certain conflicts, parts/Is arguing is usually a feeling of peace, harmony, and a few different things hard to describe but they differ. I also feel like something I needed is missing oftentimes which makes me think I need certain conflicts and problems, and not ready to let go yet

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice