Can anyone help me to overcome my aspergers?

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

I dont see any sense in life at all without having the abilty to empathize with other human beeings, my close family and friends. I dont see any sense in life if I cant have fulfulling relationships.

Life is so boring as an Aspie. I know there are some advantages.And yes there are people who are suffering orse.
But it is soo boring and pointless. I dont know what to do. life is so pointless.

people will never accept me. and i will never to use my full potential in life. I cant live like that anymore.

Please anyone give me tips how to train the non-rational part of the brain to become more aware of emotions.. to stimulate my right brain hemisphare.

I just need to get out of my mind, and get into my body and into my emotions. Life is more then mental masturating about scientific theories all day.. and I want to live and FEEL the real life.
Last edited by Severe Aspie on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You don't have aspergers, this topic is a proof of it, so fuck off you fake ass :pistodouble:

Nom. wrote:You don't have aspergers, this topic is a proof of it, so fuck off you fake ass :pistodouble:

you fucking dont know what you are talking about. idiot.

Are you under 21?

If so, get behavior analysis services in your area. There are over 1000 experimentally controlled studies that indicate behavior analysis is very effective for changing the everyday behavior of people with autism.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. It's kinda hard to get insurance to pay for adult autism services right now or to even find a provider in general.
Two or three surgeries away from being Ja Rule gang.

Nom. wrote:You don't have aspergers, this topic is a proof of it, so fuck off you fake ass :pistodouble:

No it isn't. Stop talking about something you know nothing about.

You should find out what having aspergers syndrom really means, and not listen to everyone here calling eachother aspie just for the fuck of it.

My first post still stands hard.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:Are you under 21?

If so, get behavior analysis services in your area. There are over 1000 experimentally controlled studies that indicate behavior analysis is very effective for changing the everyday behavior of people with autism.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. It's kinda hard to get insurance to pay for adult autism services right now or to even find a provider in general.

No matter how much training i do. I still remain an aspie. my eyes will remain big and stiff and my face will always appear emotionless like a robot.
No behaviour anylsis therapy will make me feel intuitive empathy.. no behaviour therapy will give me that range of emotions and feelings that normal people have when they have sex.. are with someone they love.. etc

Nom. wrote:

You should find out what having aspergers syndrom really means, and not listen to everyone here calling eachother aspie just for the fuck of it.

My first post still stands hard.

I dont. I am a diagnosed aspie.

you sound like you dont have a clue.

Still standin hard...

lol, yeah you are a diagnosed aspie who shares his grief and negative emotions about how he can't feel empathy and that bothers him, i mean what the fuck?

You never even stood beside a person with aspergers.

I'm out.

Severe Aspie wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:Are you under 21?

No matter how much training i do. I still remain an aspie. my eyes will remain big and stiff and my face will always appear emotionless like a robot.
No behaviour anylsis therapy will make me feel intuitive empathy.. no behaviour therapy will give me that range of emotions and feelings that normal people have when they have sex.. are with someone they love.. etc

Nope, it can't train you to have the emotional regulation of an NT. With that said, it can train the following: independent living skills so you can take care of yourself (not speaking about you in particular); how to job interview; how to keep a job; how to move out of your house; better body language language recognition (this is involved in dating); better conversational skills (this is also involved in dating); adaptive replacement behavior for tantruming/any maladaptive escape/attention maintained aspie behavior (everybody with asperger's has these behaviors and all of these behaviors affect their quality of life); and the list really goes on and on.

I wouldn't knock it until you try it. There is literally no therapy out there that has the empirical basis behavior analysis has. I can also guarantee most of the people here have never received it (Nihilism sounds like he might've had it as a preteen).

Nom. wrote:Still standin hard...

lol, yeah you are a diagnosed aspie who shares his grief and negative emotions about how he can't feel empathy and that bothers him, i mean what the fuck?

You never even stood beside a person with aspergers.

I'm out.

You have no real idea about the topic lol. lol ignorant guy who gets all his information from the media and internet.

Awkwardness and unease in social situations is a natural response to being treated poorly because of an ugly face. The way to overcome asperger's is to looks max whatever that entails in your particular case (jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, losing weight, hair transplants, etc.). Once you start receiving positive attention and validation, you'll find yourself comfortable around others and miraculously cured of your asperger's.
Und es kam der Tag, da das Risiko, in der Knospe zu verharren, schmerzlicher wurde als das Risiko, zu blühen.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:independent living skills so you can take care of yourself (not speaking about you in particular); how to job interview; how to keep a job; how to move out of your house; better body language language recognition (this

Lhahaha lool.. have a house have a job.. lool SOUNDS VERY FULLFILLING :D

if its all life can give to me then i will kill my self.

ivoryface wrote:Awkwardness and unease in social situations is a natural response to being treated poorly because of an ugly face. The way to overcome asperger's is to looks max whatever that entails in your particular case (jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, losing weight, hair transplants, etc.). Once you start receiving positive attention and validation, you'll find yourself comfortable around others and miraculously cured of your asperger's.

You fucking idiot. i am not ugly. I am a legit 6/10, i have been told I am handsome by women often. I did fuck some ugly chicks who just jumped on my cock only because they liked me face.

If I had normal social skills I would be a complete slayer.

ivoryface wrote:Awkwardness and unease in social situations is a natural response to being treated poorly because of an ugly face. The way to overcome asperger's is to looks max whatever that entails in your particular case (jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, losing weight, hair transplants, etc.). Once you start receiving positive attention and validation, you'll find yourself comfortable around others and miraculously cured of your asperger's.

You trying to troll me? :lol:

It would be unethical on two levels for me to post pictures of this man I used to work with. Let's just say he was a college level swimmer, half-black, had shoulders like a bull, and stood well over 6 ft probably approaching 6'5". If he didn't have asperger's and a monotone voice (it sounds OFF; there is nothing you can do about it intervention wise, either), he would be a player. When this guy got nervous, he would start ripping out little bits of hair or flap (I got him to stop doing both of these things). Anyway, this was a very masculine (I haven't seen a lean guy with bigger shoulders in my life), fairly handsome young man and his experience with women was limited to two girls at 24. He detested this fact greatly.

I could talk forever about this guy. After he reduced his flapping, hair pulling, and started looking at people's faces rather than the ground or unflinchingly staring them directly in the eyes making them feel uncomfortable, he managed to meet a girl at his climbing club. This was the first girl in 1.5-2 years.

Severe Aspie wrote:I dont see any sense in life at all without having the abilty to empathize with other human beeings, my close family and friends. I dont see any sense in life if I cant have fulfulling relationships.

A lack of empathy is not a characteristic of Asperger's syndrome. If you lack empathy, then you're probably higher on the narcissism scale than in the Autism Spectrum.
Whimminz reactions when I try to be more "confident":

Severe Aspie wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:independent living skills so you can take care of yourself (not speaking about you in particular); how to job interview; how to keep a job; how to move out of your house; better body language language recognition (this

Cool. But you don't have the other things or at least have deficiencies in them, right?

Anakind wrote:
Severe Aspie wrote:I dont see any sense in life at all without having the abilty to empathize with other human beeings, my close family and friends. I dont see any sense in life if I cant have fulfulling relationships.

A lack of empathy is not a characteristic of Asperger's syndrome. If you lack empathy, then you're probably higher on the narcissism scale than in the Autism Spectrum.

Nope.

Empathy is the capacity to recognize emotions of other peoples which i lack.

what narcisssts lack is COMPASSION.They dont feel what other people feels. They can easily recognize other peoples emotions(unllike aspies) but they give a fuck about it and dont feel for them.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:
Severe Aspie wrote:

Cool. But you don't have the other things or at least have deficiencies in them, right?

I want friends. I want a woman who loves me. i want to understand how my parents feel. i want to feel connected to my family. i want to get emotional satisfactions from that relationships.

Since I once took ecstasy i know what it means. For the first time i felt the love of my parents.. how much they cared of me.. i could see behind their eyes and words. into their minds. what they were thinking of me and how much they liked me /concerd me. it feelt so good. Normally as an aspie you are not able to feel it because you dont perceive other peoples feelings.

Anakind wrote:

Self-analysis/report is totally inaccurate.

Narcissistic personality disorder was removed from the DSM-V. People with NPD are now just Assholes or haven't received their bipolar dx yet.

I consider all of the personality disorders except BPD to be a relic of psychodynamicism, which is basically a non-empirical field. These folks would be better off being diagnosed with one of the primary disorders (e.g., lots of formerly dx'd people with NPD are just bipolar and the treatment for bipolar is much different from NPD).

Empathy is broken down into two categories:

Affective Empathy: The natural tendency to feel the same emotions as those around you. When someone else is happy, it makes you happy. When someone else is sad, it makes you sad. You feel the emotional state of others.

Cognitive Empathy: The ability to understand the emotions of others. When you see someone crying, you know they are possibly sad, depending on the context. When someone is smiling, you know they are possibly happy, depending on the context.

People with "sociopathy" lack affective empathy but tend to actually have superior cognitive empathy versus neurotypicals. People with autism are more likely to lack cognitive empathy, but they still have affective empathy, though it is often inappropriately expressed due to their lack of cognitive empathy.

Severe Aspie wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:

I want friends. I want a woman who loves me. i want to understand how my parents feel. i want to feel connected to my family. i want to get emotional satisfactions from that relationships.

Since I once took ecstasy i know what it means. For the first time i felt the love of my parents.. how much they cared of me.. i could see behind their eyes and words. into their minds. what they were thinking of me and how much they liked me /concerd me. it feelt so good. Normally as an aspie you are not able to feel it because you dont perceive other peoples feelings.

OK, all those other things I listed can help you make friends. However, your very concept of friendship is probably a bit different from an NT's (at least that's what research and my experience indicates). I probably helped a guy get girlfriend (I know I helped him get a date with a girl at least) and at least make some climbing buddies by working on social skills not directly related to getting a girlfriend.

Just look into behavior analysis if you're under 21. There is literally no other therapy with the empirical basis it has.
Last edited by SupportLocalSluts on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrz wrote:Empathy is broken down into two categories:

Affective Empathy: The natural tendency to feel the same emotions as those around you. When someone else is happy, it makes you happy. When someone else is sad, it makes you sad. You feel the emotional state of others.

Cognitive Empathy: The ability to understand the emotions of others. When you see someone crying, you know they are possibly sad, depending on the context. When someone is smiling, you know they are possibly happy, depending on the context.

People with "sociopathy" lack affective empathy but tend to actually have superior cognitive empathy versus neurotypicals. People with autism are more likely to lack cognitive empathy, but they still have affective empathy, though it is often inappropriately expressed due to their lack of cognitive empathy.

You got it.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:Narcissistic personality disorder was removed from the DSM-V. People with NPD are now just Assholes or haven't received their bipolar dx yet.

A removal from a list doesn't mean the disorder doesn't exist though.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:
Severe Aspie wrote:

OK, all those other things I listed can help you make friends. However, your very concept of friendship is probably a bit different from an NT's (at least that's what research and my experience indicates). I probably helped a guy get girlfriend (I know I helped him get a date with a girl at least) and at least make some climbing buddies by working on social skills not directly related to getting a girlfriend.

Just look into behavior analysis if you're under 21. There is literally no other therapy with the empirical basis it has.

I want to feel FRIENDSHIP. I know how it feels. i dont want to be that disabled person all my life.

I feel so emotionally void and bored because i dont experience this strong feelings.
Last edited by Severe Aspie on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anakind wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:Narcissistic personality disorder was removed from the DSM-V. People with NPD are now just Assholes or haven't received their bipolar dx yet.

A removal from a list doesn't mean the disorder doesn't exist though.

Sure, those behaviors exist. When they co-occur with some bipolar behaviors, as they often do, it's just better conceptualized as bipolar in terms of effective treatment options. That's partially why the APA removed NPD from the DSM. Someone with 30 years of experience on me half-jokingly told me that they're better described as just assholes when they don't engage in bipolar behaviors.

Severe Aspie wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:

I want to feel FRIENDSHIP. I know how it feels. i dont want to be that disabled person all my life.

I feel so emotionally void and bored because i dont experience this strong feelings.

Are you a native English speaker? Just wondering.

That's cool you had such a wonderful experience on MDMA. It makes even NT people feel extraordinarily more connected with people. I'd like to see it put to the empirical test for people with autism. Doesn't sound like that will ever happen, though.
Last edited by SupportLocalSluts on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupportLocalSluts wrote:
Severe Aspie wrote:

No. why are you asking? dont you see it anyway?

Severe Aspie wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:

No. why are you asking? dont you see it anyway?

just wondering.

anyway, talk more about what happened when you were on MDMA. did facial expressions become more meaningful to you? how was eye contact? did it affect your conversation at all? i don't see it as the potential cure all, but i wouldn't be surprised if it helps increase social motivation for many reasons.

intranasal oxytocin has similar benefits and there are studies on that one.

When I'm on MDMA I have way more confidence. Normally I don't even feel like approaching girls because I figure I will probably just get rejected anyway, but on MDMA I just feel like "yeah lets talk to girls and try to get fucked" and all of my social inhibitions are completely gone. Alcohol can be kind of similar, but with MDMA it is total lack of social inhibition but with clear headedness as well. Modafinil actually is similar to this as well, but not to the same extent as MDMA. On the plus side, I don't become depressed after modafinil wears off.
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice