Should I add or remove anything from my looksmaxing sups?

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

this is what I have atm

should i get vitamin K?

3D Face Analysis wrote:Remove astaxanthin

w/Antioxidants

Calcium carbonate is the best source of calcium. Eggshells are a good source of calcium carbonate. If not get a pure powder without additives like this: http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Calcium ... B004421K68

Dr. Ray Peat recommends at least 2 grams of elemental calcium daily. Calcium helps to increase testosterone and lower estrogen.

link me good sources for elemental calcium

isn't zinc picolinate the better zinc one.

I take vitamin K...but I haven't noticed anything on it yet, so won't say either way.

3D Face Analysis wrote:All calcium is elemental calcium. Elemental is just how you measure it. When measuring elementally you only consider the mass of the calcium atoms only not the compounds.

can you do me a favor and make me a list of items on amazon for complete looks maxxing sups like vitamins to promote development while im still growing

ok so should I just get the
Nature Made Calcium Magnesium Zinc Tablets with Vitamin D, 300 Count

is that enough?

3D Face Analysis wrote:Yes Chris Masterjohn and others at Weston Price argues that vitamin A is essential for the production of steroid hormones including testosterone. Dr. Ray Peat also acknowledges it.

Most of the "natural" vitamin A supplements contain a significant amount of synthetic vitamin A. You could also get liquid vitamin A: http://www.amazon.com/Interplexus-Nutri ... B008TSI6W4

It's best to get calcium from milk. If not then eat eggshells. If not then get oyster shells or the calcium carbonate powder I recommended above.

Check the form of magnesium on the bottle. If the source of magnesium is magnesium oxide then its ineffective and will not be absorbed. Avoid anything with citrate such as calcium citrate and magnesium citrate as citric acid is shown to cause cancer. It's best to get magnesium naturally. Good sources include orange juice, milk, potatoes, coconut water, and some other fruits.

Also additives in supplements like silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide will cause inflammation. Some people are very sensitive to them and will get negative symptoms if they consume supplements containing them for a long time (they accumulate within the body).

the only none magnesium oxide or citrate i found is this

http://www.amazon.com/MegaFood-Magnesiu ... =magnesium

is there better?

3D Face Analysis wrote:Yes Chris Masterjohn and others at Weston Price argues that vitamin A is essential for the production of steroid hormones including testosterone. Dr. Ray Peat also acknowledges it.

Most of the "natural" vitamin A supplements contain a significant amount of synthetic vitamin A. You could also get liquid vitamin A: http://www.amazon.com/Interplexus-Nutri ... B008TSI6W4

It's best to get calcium from milk. If not then eat eggshells. If not then get oyster shells or the calcium carbonate powder I recommended above.

Check the form of magnesium on the bottle. If the source of magnesium is magnesium oxide then its ineffective and will not be absorbed. Avoid anything with citrate such as calcium citrate and magnesium citrate as citric acid is shown to cause cancer. It's best to get magnesium naturally. Good sources include orange juice, milk, potatoes, coconut water, and some other fruits.

Also additives in supplements like silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide will cause inflammation. Some people are very sensitive to them and will get negative symptoms if they consume supplements containing them for a long time (they accumulate within the body).

Can you provide sources on the citric acid and cancer thing?

I'm currently taking magnesium citrate. But citrate is the salt if citric acid, so does it have the same effects?

Bipolar wrote:can you do me a favor and make me a list of items on amazon for complete looks maxxing sups like vitamins to promote development while im still growing

Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc. < those are the things you really want to make sure you get enough of.

The first three are fat soluble Vitamins, which means you can 'overdose' on them. So don't over do it. You don't neccassarily need to supplement those 3 vitamins...you can get enough from eating good foods, take a nosey on this page here... http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09315.html

In addition to helping the eyes adjust to light changes, vitamin A plays an important role in bone growth, tooth development, reproduction, cell division, gene expression, and regulation of the immune system.

Vitamin D plays a critical role in the body’s use of calcium and phosphorous. It works by increasing the amount of calcium absorbed from the small intestine, helping to form and maintain bones. Vitamin D benefits the body by playing a role in immunity and controlling cell growth. Children especially need adequate amounts of vitamin D to develop strong bones and healthy teeth.

Vitamin K is naturally produced by the bacteria in the intestines, and plays an essential role in normal blood clotting, promoting bone health, and helping to produce proteins for blood, bones, and kidneys.
PostThis post by sephon was deleted by puanewb on Sun May 31, 2015 8:46 am.
Reason: Requested by sephon

Dutch wrote:
Bipolar wrote:can you do me a favor and make me a list of items on amazon for complete looks maxxing sups like vitamins to promote development while im still growing

Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc. < those are the things you really want to make sure you get enough of.

The first three are fat soluble Vitamins, which means you can 'overdose' on them. So don't over do it. You don't neccassarily need to supplement those 3 vitamins...you can get enough from eating good foods, take a nosey on this page here... http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09315.html

In addition to helping the eyes adjust to light changes, vitamin A plays an important role in bone growth, tooth development, reproduction, cell division, gene expression, and regulation of the immune system.

Vitamin D plays a critical role in the body’s use of calcium and phosphorous. It works by increasing the amount of calcium absorbed from the small intestine, helping to form and maintain bones. Vitamin D benefits the body by playing a role in immunity and controlling cell growth. Children especially need adequate amounts of vitamin D to develop strong bones and healthy teeth.

Vitamin K is naturally produced by the bacteria in the intestines, and plays an essential role in normal blood clotting, promoting bone health, and helping to produce proteins for blood, bones, and kidneys.

ok for vitamin k

do i take vit k or k2

and for magnesium is oxide or citrate better? I have oxide but i hear its bad

Bipolar wrote:
this is what I have atm

should i get vitamin K?

Vitamin A(eat liver 2 times a week).
MK4(Vitamin K2) 1mg.
Vitamin D from the sun.
Vitamin C from food.
Iodine - Iodide.
Eat mostly Sat fats.
If your diet is high in protein/Zinc, don't supplement on Zinc or it'll lower DHT.
Magnesium.
Himalayan salt or real sea salt.
Calcium from food.

Bipolar wrote:
ok for vitamin k

do i take vit k or k2

and for magnesium is oxide or citrate better? I have oxide but i hear its bad

I'd go for K2. It's found naturally in Cheese, Butter, Eggs & Meat. K1 is found in veggies, your body can make K2 itself from K1.

http://chriskresser.com/vitamin-k2-the-missing-nutrient
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=112
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/foods-rich-vitamin-k2-1561.html

Citrate is better, it's more readily absorbed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2407766
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14596323

should focus more on diet and discuss key foods full of vitamins

i know liver is meant to be very good but i never see it iin the stores

sephon wrote:I wonder if a lack of vitamin D causes more retruded facial bones and why my lack of it during adolesence phukked me over?

Has there been a study on that?

Dental alveolar bone defects related to Vitamin D and calcium status.
Vitamin D is important for skeletal development, growth, and homeostasis but has been sparsely studied in the oro-facial bone. Dental alveolar bone anchors teeth to mandible and maxilla bones via a periodontal ligament. Its formation and maintenance are strictly dependent on the presence of tooth organs and it is characterized by a high turnover rate. In order to study the role of Vitamin D and the calcium status on dental alveolar bone formation, microradiographic and histologic comparison of wild-type, Vitamin D receptor null mutant (VDR (-/-) hypo- and normo-calcemic mice and tissues were performed at 2 months. In hypo-calcemic VDR (-/-) mice, alveolar bone was hypomineralized and demonstrated a cellular and matrix organization, similar to the immature woven bone. In normo-calcemic VDR (-/-) mice, mineralization of dental alveolar bone appeared normal, but bone was morphologically abnormal in some specific anatomical locations. These data show that Vitamin D and calcium status may control the formation of dental alveolar bone. The differences of phenotype between hypo- and normo-calcemic VDR null mutant mice suggested a specific Vitamin D control of alveolar bone formation by the Vitamin D nuclear receptor pathway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15225849

Craniofacial bone remodeling in growing rats fed a low-calcium and vitamin-D-deficient diet and the influence of masticatory muscle function.
Fifty-two male growing rats were randomly divided into three groups. The first group (n = 18) received a hard deficient diet, and the second (n = 18) a soft deficient diet. The control group (n = 16) was fed the normal hard diet. At the beginning and in the middle of the 28-day experimental period oxytetracycline was injected. Two representative coronal sections of the snout and the corresponding contact microradiographs were analyzed. The bone mass of the premaxillary and nasal bones seemed to be less in the two deficient diet groups than in the normal one, due to an increased endosteal bone resorption and decreased bone formation. No difference in the bone apposition rate and pattern could be seen between the deficient hard and soft diet groups, except in the dorsal part of the premaxilla, where the bone formed in the first half of the experiment was markedly more resorbed in the deficient soft diet group during the remaining period than in the deficient hard diet group. The morphology of the sutures was influenced by the altered function, since the sutural space became narrower, and premature obliterations of the internasal suture were observed in the deficient soft diet group. In conclusion, poor bone quality was observed in the skull of rats fed a low-calcium and vitamin-D-deficient diet, with less bone mass than in normal conditions. Masticatory function was a significant factor influencing bone remodeling and sutural growth even in situations in which a metabolic bone disturbance exists.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8923927

Craniofacial morphology in patients with hypophosphataemic vitamin-D-resistant rickets: a cephalometric study.
Hypophosphataemic vitamin-D-resistant rickets (HVDRR) is a hereditary disease mainly transmitted as an X-linked dominant trait and characterized by certain general clinical signs (Filho HM, de Castro LC, Damiani D. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metab. 2006;50:802). In literature, only one study had been published in 1965 on the cephalometric findings in patients with HVDRR (Marks SC, Lindahl RL, Bawden JW. J Dent Child. 1965;32:259). This is the first detailed study on craniofacial characteristics of patients with HVDRR in the dental literature. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of HVDRR on the parameters of the craniofacial skeleton of young Jordanian patients using cephalometric analysis. Lateral cephalometric radiographs were made for 22 Jordanian children (aged 2-16 years) diagnosed with HVDRR. The cephalometeric parameters of HVDRR group were compared with those of normal control group matched for gender and chronological age using paired t-test. The HVDRR group had a significant increase in the SNBa angle (P < 0.01); as well as reduced anterior cranial base length (P = 0.01), reduced maxillary length, corpus mandibular length and mandibular height (P = 0.01, 0.04 and 0.008 respectively). The cranial base and gonial angles were significantly increased in diseased individual, but the SNA and ANB angles were significantly reduced (P = 0.018 and 0.000 respectively). The angulation of the lower incisor to mandibular plane was also significantly reduced in the diseased group compared with Jordanian norm (P = 0.004). Patients with HVDRR have deficiency in the anterior cranial base length, ramus height and cranial base angle. Patients with HVDRR also have class III skeletal relationship.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19531089

Yogurts & Breakfast Cereals marketed to Children are often fortified with Vitamin D. (many corn flakes and yogurts are 25-30% RDA)

Drink Water Buffalo milk for optimal calcium, ditch the cow milk.

this is what i got

idk if i will drink milk... it gives me acne

now for gymcelling should I do basic weight training 3x a week or something? I don't workout at all im 6'3 160ish lbs should I do cardio?

I also might get a protein powder

I have this protein powder that I take with greek yogurt sometimes but idk if its good or not

3D Face Analysis wrote:Vitamin K2 MK-4 also increases testosterone production.

Menaquinone-4 enhances testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pd ... 10-158.pdf

Background: Vitamin K is essential for the posttranslational modification of various Gla proteins. Although it is widespread in several organs, including the testis, the function of vitamin K in these organs is not well characterized. In this study, we investigated the function of vitamin K in the testis and analyzed its role in steroidogenesis.

Methods: Eight-week-old male Wistar rats were fed a diet supplemented with menaquinone-4 (MK-4, 75 mg/kg diet), one of the predominant K2 vitamins present in the testis, for 5 weeks. In vivo testosterone levels of the rats’ plasma and testes were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, and in vitro testosterone levels of testis-derived tumor cells (I-10 cells) maintained in Ham’s F-10 medium with 10% fetal bovine serum were measured following treatment with MK-4 (0 to 100 μM) at several time points. Testosterone and cellular protein levels were analyzed with respect to their effects on steroidogenesis.

Results: Testosterone levels in the plasma and testes of MK-4-fed rats were significantly increased compared to those of control rats, with no obvious differences in plasma luteinizing hormone levels. Secreted testosterone levels from I-10 cells were elevated by MK-4, but not by vitamin K1, in a dose-dependent manner independent of cAMP treatment. Western blot analysis revealed that expression of CYP11A, the rate-limiting enzyme in steroidogenesis, and phosphorylation levels of protein kinase A (PKA) and the cAMP response element-binding protein were all stimulated by the presence of MK-4. Enhancement of testosterone production was inhibited by H89, a specific inhibitor of PKA, but not by warfarin, an inhibitor of g-glutamylcarboxylation.

Conclusions: MK-4 stimulates testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells via activation of PKA. MK-4 may be involved in steroidogenesis in the testis, and its supplementation could reverse the downregulation of testosterone production in elders.

link a good vitamin for k2 please admin
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice