How to grow taller as a teen

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

My youngest brother just turned 12 and is only 5'3. He is feeling very insecure about it.

I was around 5'8 at his age and i turned out to be 6'4, does that mean he will become 5'11-6'?
My other siblings are 6'5 and 6'3.5 and were also 5'7-5'8 at 12.

He hardly eats and weights only 70 pounds. He plays soccer twice a week.
I bought Vitamin D3, B and K to help him grow taller and i also to put him on swimming classes and maybe even basketball?

Will that help? What can i add?

Multivitamin, proper nutrition, and sufficient sleep are critical. If you really wanted to play it safe, avoid high-impact sports that could potentially cause your growth plates to seal early via injury (incredibly unlikely).

Outside of that you need to accept that a large component of height is genetic and there's only so much you can optimize that outcome.
PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

plastiks wrote:Multivitamin, proper nutrition, and sufficient sleep are critical. If you really wanted to play it safe, avoid high-impact sports that could potentially cause your growth plates to seal early via injury (incredibly unlikely).

Outside of that you need to accept that a large component of height is genetic and there's only so much you can optimize that outcome.

Is it better to take a multi instead of several vitamins?
Sufficient sleep is around 8-9 hours?

I'd say a multivitamin is better if only because it's far more convenient.

Sufficient sleep really varies by person. The average that is considered well-rested for most people is around 8 hours but some people need less or more, it all depends.

plastiks wrote:I'd say a multivitamin is better if only because it's far more convenient.

Sufficient sleep really varies by person. The average that is considered well-rested for most people is around 8 hours but some people need less or more, it all depends.

Thank you, i hope he can reach 6'2 at least...hopefully he is just a late bloomer or something.

He's 12, it's not uncommon for people to explode in height during puberty, even if you were already taller at his age. Height isn't worth worry about at his age.

PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

- High impact sports(mainly for the legs) and lifting weights(for the upper body).
- Sleep in a dark, well ventilated room for 8 hours.
- Sleep on a hard surface or hard mattress.
- Sunlight for vitamin D(minimum 30 minutes daily).
- Magnesium before going to bed.
- Stretch on a chin-up pole after weightlifting or playing sports and before going to sleep.
- Nutritious foods(beef, eggs, nuts, vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas etc.)
- Animal fats(avoid vegetable fats).
- If that doesn't work, consult a doctor for HGH.

Aparat wrote:- High impact sports(mainly for the legs) and lifting weights(for the upper body).
- Stretch on a chin-up pole after weightlifting or playing sports and before going to sleep.
- Nutritious foods(beef, eggs, nuts, vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas etc.)

Thank you! But i think 12 is too young to lift weights?

If high impact sports and lifting weights work, why do gymnasts look like dwarves ?

Aparat wrote:- High impact sports(mainly for the legs) and lifting weights(for the upper body).

Legit advice also for general health.

Add Vitamin K2 MK4 supplemnt!!!

Kpopfan wrote:

Thank you! But i think 12 is too young to lift weights?

Running can place 600-700lbs(average person) and I doubt he can squat over that. Unless he damages the epiphyseal plates by dropping a weight on it, there shouldn't be a problem. Weightlifting at a young age can make the bones thicken; assuming he doesn't grow as tall as you, a big/huge frame is better than being lanky. I suggest you do some research before starting a weightlifting routine.

Hexagon wrote:If high impact sports and lifting weights work, why do gymnasts look like dwarves ?

Lifting weights does help (or at the very least can't hurt assuming it is done safely), but gymnastics (and I would assume other high intensity, high impact sports) does not. Gymnastics, for example, has been linked in some studies to delayed growth: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/2 ... -are-short

Other studies suggest that this delayed growth can be made up for once the sport is stopped:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/46760 ... ns-growth/

The only sports that seems to help growth are basktball/volleyball or similar.

I was 5'3'' at 13 and I'm 181cm.
I was the shortest and the skinniest in my class.

Btw try HIIT. Eat good meals like red meat,good carbs exc

Are you serious ? 5'3 @12 is perfectly fine. I think I was around that, maybe a bit less. My cousin was around the same...he's now 6'4.5 - 6'5.

It's GOOD that he's slim and plays Football (incorporates Sprinting, Jogging, Walking & Jumping over a prolonged period of time).

Puberty is beginning earlier than ever. Growth Plates are closing earlier than ever. Trying to induce a huge Growth Spurt is the wrong way to go.

Puberty is beginning earlier, with sharper, shorter duration of Vertical Growth due too a more sedentary life style (aerobic exercise increases SHBG), hyperinsulinemia (Insulin Resistance leads to mass production of Insulin a growth promoter, also leads to more Visceral & Liver Fat), non-fatty alcoholic liver disease (SHBG is produced by the Liver, fucking with your Liver bastardizes it's production), high consumption of Alcohol, Sugars, Fats, Proteins, Dairy.

Bastadizing your SHBG = More unbound Test = more Estradiol = Earlier closure of your Plates.

Testosterone is used to stop excessive height Growth (Estradiol would be better, and is used in more extreme abnormalities where Estradiol levels are very low even after supplementation with Test', this is why results on studies using Test' for halting Height increase are divided as it's not the Test' itself).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/173825

The Tallest folks often:

-Hit puberty later (which leads to an larger starting Height). For example, lets say you take two Men, both grow the same rate per year pre-puberty, puberty for both Men lasts the same amount of time and once more the rate of growth is similar. One guy hits puberty at 12, the other at 10. The one that hit it at 12 will grow to be taller in the end. (incredibly simplistic and level view of things, but makes it easier to understand)

-Grow slower

You need to keep SHBG levels high whilst consuming/increasing Growth Promoters.

Theirs a reason most Tall Folks are Slim with poor Facial Hair Growth.

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice