Balding is a symptom of an underlying Hormonal abnormality

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Get it sorted boys.

Insulin Resistance: Insulin resistance (IR) is a physiological condition in which cells fail to respond to the normal actions of the hormone insulin

Causes/Correlates:
-Age (>40)
-Obesity
-One's body storing fat predominantly in the abdomen (also known as "abdominal obesity)", as opposed to storing it in hips and thighs.
-Sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise
-Hypertension (high blood pressure)
-High Triglyceride levels
-Low level of high-density lipoprotein (also known as HDL cholesterol or "good cholesterol")

Cushing's Syndrome: Cushing's syndrome describes the signs and symptoms associated with prolonged exposure to inappropriately high levels of the hormone cortisol.

Symptoms:
-Rapid weight gain
-Moodiness, irritability, or depression
-Muscle and bone weakness
-Memory and attention dysfunction
-Osteoporosis
-Diabetes mellitus
-Hypertension
-Immune suppression
-Sleep disturbances
-Decreased fertility in men
-Hirsutism
-Baldness
-Hypercholesterolemia

The excess cortisol may also affect other endocrine systems and cause, for example, insomnia, inhibited aromatase, reduced libido, impotence in men

Metabolic Syndrome: The principal symptom of metabolic syndrome is central obesity (also known as visceral, male-pattern or apple-shaped adiposity), overweight with adipose tissue accumulation mainly around the waist and trunk.

Other signs of metabolic syndrome include: High blood pressure, decreased fasting serum HDL cholesterol, elevated fasting serum triglyceride level (VLDL triglyceride), impaired fasting glucose, insulin resistance, or prediabetes.

Associated conditions include: hyperuricemia, fatty liver (especially in concurrent obesity) progressing to NAFLD, polycystic ovarian syndrome (in women), erectile dysfunction (in men), and acanthosis nigricans.

Low SHBG:

Conditions that suggest low SHBG:
-Hirsutism
-Hypthyroidism
-Hyperprolactinemia
-Elevated Cortisol Levels
-Problem Caused By Being Overweight
-Adult Acne

Balding Men have abnormally low SHBG.

Balding only occurs in Men more due to more Central Obesity (and visceral) and more DHT & Free Androgens exerting their influence on Hair Follicles (Hirsutism).

Abdominal + Visceral Body Fat & Body Hair = Death Sentence

Hairloss can be induced in Females due to PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Anabolic intake, etc, etc.

Some great examples of Abdominal Visceral Fat Mass.

Visceral Fat is Fat in and amongst your Organs. It creates the 'beer belly'.

Surely low SHBG is a good thing as it means higher free test?

You will compromise your free yet by raising SHBG
alienfranco wrote:My creepy uncle and his pitbull are probably the only ones alive who care about me. My uncle's pitbull is always happy when she sees me.

backagain wrote:Well, life is a series of hills and valleys - its just a matter of patience to get to the next hill, the next high point - savour the moments when they come but don't be foolish enough to think they last

Pariah wrote:It's addicting because it has this weird combination of truth you won't find elsewhere with total insanity

Take Fin or STFU.
-gossipping
-deepthroating slayers
-sucking the blood of less attractive males and using them as an emotional tampon to soak up all their childish emotions while denying them sex

SHBG binds to testosterone making it bio-available to the body which raises TOTAL testosterone levels. low SHBG results in high free testosterone which converts to excess estrogen and DHT, exactly what you see in people who suffer from MPB.

avoid eating endocrine disrupting poly-unsaturated-fatty-acids. they're the only major change that has happened to the diet since the 19th Century, before that hormone related diseases were very rare.

genie in a bottle wrote:SHBG binds to testosterone making it bio-available to the body which raises TOTAL testosterone levels. low SHBG results in high free testosterone which converts to excess estrogen and DHT, exactly what you see in people who suffer from MPB.

avoid eating endocrine disrupting poly-unsaturated-fatty-acids. they're the only major change that has happened to the diet since the 19th Century, before that hormone related diseases were very rare.

Bioavailable and free testosterone are the same

genie in a bottle wrote:avoid eating endocrine disrupting poly-unsaturated-fatty-acids. they're the only major change that has happened to the diet since the 19th Century, before that hormone related diseases were very rare.

Don't you mean O-6-9 specifically?

The bigger changes were processed foods, and increase of carbohydrate intakes, by far.

Is He Natty? wrote:Some great examples of Abdominal Visceral Fat Mass.

Visceral Fat is Fat in and amongst your Organs. It creates the 'beer belly'.

Legit. I'm severely diffuse balding at 22, and I have an abnormally large amount of visceral fat for my age and skinny arms and legs, despite being totally abstinent from alcohol. Meanwhile, Chad gets hammered every weekend and maintains a 6-pack. How do I get rid of the visceral fat?
[img/]http://i58.tinypic.com/5uhenn.jpg[/img]

RodgerRabbit wrote:Trying to fix yourself is literally a race against the clock. It's a catch 22. By the time you've fixed all the flaws that prevented you from slaying, you will have lost the one thing most essential to slaying in the first place -- youth.
NewGenious119 wrote:This idea that nobody owes anyone anything completely goes against the entire point of even having a society in the first place. If society doesn't owe an individual person anything, then the individual owes society nothing either, so don't be surprised when they take their frustration out on the world.

There is absolutely NO GOOD reason why, in the 21st century, every person shouldn't have their basic needs met. That means food, shelter, clothing, and transportation for all and, yes, if you are a male, sexual access to attractive females as that is considered a basic need for men as well.
Leebyunghun wrote:The number one source of strife in human existence is the inequality of looks among the male species.
germanDream wrote:a woman would fuck a cute dog or horse over an average faced man ANY day of the week. its not even close. women are repulsed by non male model men
PuaKiller wrote:Most women couldn't last a month as an incel male. They'd suicide. Prostitution would be legal worldwide and virgin shaming would cease if women were put in the shoes of an incel male for even a month. They couldn't handle it.
firehaze wrote:If a girl has never made it obvious that she likes you then you're a lot more subhuman than you think.

http://twitter.com/incelvoice

#NoHymenNoDiamond

Anti-Degeneracy crew

https://www.reddit.com/r/Truecels/

LOL

All of those conditions are separate from MPB. How about all the fatasses I see every day with NW1s? Your theories are shit.

MPB is not a male variant of PCOS.

You just want to frame it as a disease because of your own biases.

The only thing we can discuss are free androgen index, SHBG levels, free and total test because these are the only areas that have shown any differences between balding and non-balding men. The consistent finding seems to be HIGHER levels of free androgens and free androgen activity in balding men.

Deal with it.

OmegaKV wrote:Legit. I'm severely diffuse balding at 22, and I have an abnormally large amount of visceral fat for my age and skinny arms and legs, despite being totally abstinent from alcohol. Meanwhile, Chad gets hammered every weekend and maintains a 6-pack. How do I get rid of the visceral fat?

Of course it's legit, I've been studying Balding and it's correlates for 4 years now. People can talk about their anomalies or whatever, anomalies exist for everything (and I reckon their abnormalities wouldn't stand out if they posted body and hairline pictures). This is factual. These correlations are jumping out, some studies are directly pointing the finger at 'Male PCOS' (Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, Visceral Fat, Hirsutism). And Hormonal testings on Balding Men are backing it.

The first thing I noted amongst balding Males is their excess Abdominal Hair (almost every single premature Balder has much Chest Hair), next up was the fact many are Overweight, thirdly that Visceral Fat is the prevalent Fat Mass amongst many of them.

My Father is a balder, with much Visceral Fat & Body Hair. He started balding early but barely budged for many years. Likely due to him being Lean and in shape. But in the last 10 years or so, his rate of balding has started picking up. (which coincidentally coincides with him putting on Weight, most of which is Visceral Fat)

My Uncle was NW0-NW1 till he was in his late 30s now he has that chunky visceral fat body and is balding rapidly. Advanced to NW3.5-NW4 within 10 years.

Women with PCOS have high Free Androgens (Hirsutism & Acne accompany this), Lower SHBG & Insulin Resistance. The same Hormonal profile. Many Women with PCOS grow too much Body Hair and begin Balding.

Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney, Jason Statham, Ross Kemp.

Abdominal Hair & Visceral Fat. Balding. (Jason looks incredibly Lean at times, I think this is due to Roiding for movies, when he's on the off season his Visceral Fat is alarming).

All in all you need to raise your SHBG levels.

1. You need to cut down on your Glucose intake, stop drinking Sugary Drinks and eating Sugary foods.
2. You need to exercise daily. And I don't mean doing some pushups or bench presses, I'm talking Cardio. You need to run/jog. Burn that Fat. Don't Bulk. (I would recommend doing some lifting or body weight exercises too).
3. Milk increases IGF-1 production...which lowers SHBG, so it may help if you avoid it/keep your intake on the low side.
4. Eat Vegetables. Avoid Sugary Fruit (high in Fructose).
5. Drink Mineral Water.

A Vegan/Vegetarian Diet would help...but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Try stick to good lean Meats. (Chicken Breast)

Or alternatively you can take Finasteride to halt the balding process, but this is skipping the causation and attacking DHT (many balding Men don't even have high DHT, they just have low SHBG so it's allowed to run amok). This will just stop/slow your Balding, but keep your underlying Hormonal abnormality alive and well.

PUA4Life wrote:LOL

All of those conditions are separate from MPB. How about all the fatasses I see every day with NW1s? Your theories are shit.

MPB is not a male variant of PCOS.

You just want to frame it as a disease because of your own biases.

The only thing we can discuss are free androgen index, SHBG levels, free and total test because these are the only areas that have shown any differences between balding and non-balding men. The consistent finding seems to be HIGHER levels of free androgens and free androgen activity in balding men.

Deal with it.

Boy, I'm trying to help you all whilst I'm helping myself. Bury your head in the sand if you want.

Keep talking about higher androgen this more manly that, anomaly/outlier there. Most Balders are unfit as fuck. Most Balding Men are 30+ Men with Beer Bellies and abundant Abdominal Hair. Theirs a reason almost all Bald Men have very similar bodies.

Low SHBG is a problem in and off itself. Most balding Men have low DHT, look at the chart in OP. Group B have low DHT, Group A have a normal distribution of DHT. Only a handful of them are 'High DHT'. ALL Men in the study have LOW SHBG (except for 2 Men in group A, likely the 2 Men with the DHT above the Black Bar/Top Level of Normal Distribution).

Group A Men also have a normal index of Free Testosterone. Group B have High index's, but that's only because every single fucking one of them has extremely low levels of SHBG, seriously not 1 is within the normal distribution, all are below it. That's a Hormonal abnormality right there. You don't just have extremely low SHBG for no reason buddy, all that stuff I posted in OP is correlated with lowered SHBG.

You're balding aren't you ? Feel free too post a shirtless pic with your Hairline visible (you can block/black out your Face). Bet you have Body Hair and Visceral Fat.

bulletsflyingby wrote:there's a reason fat & balding go hand-in-hand

No doubt.

dips wrote:DHT

Most Balding Men have Normal DHT levels, many even have low levels.

thereturnofabulldog wrote:Surely low SHBG is a good thing as it means higher free test?

You will compromise your free yet by raising SHBG

"Basal plasma SHBG in 5 alpha-reductase-deficient is higher than in normal boys"

These fucks have insane levels of Test, low levels of DHT and high SHBG. (Beard Growth is scanty, No Hairline recession whatsoever, none have Acne)

The only problem is they had fuck all Prenatal & Pubertal DHT, so they have fucked up Genitals. DHT is important early on but later, it's only really needed for Body & Facial Hair along with some Sexual Effects, having low Levels later in life is not bad. Only when it's extremely low would you have problem Sexually. (We're talking type II here, that's the important one for all this).

This guy is 42.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2591057

African Men have higher SHBG.

"Black and white men had similar testosterone and DHT. However, black men had higher ASD (p = 0.006) and SHBG (p = 0.009). Racial differences in ASD (p = 0.015) and SHBG (p = 0.008) persisted after controlling for age, body mass index, PSA, and pathological Gleason sum and stage."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15126802

Erect Black Tranny wrote:So what are the implications OP and how to act?

We need to have high shbg while simultaneously running a 5AR inhibitor?

what if we take a SERM (and a little of an AI to keep estriadol down) in conjunction with fin? What do you think?

If you're balding I'd recommend a very low dosage of Fin', or a normal dosage taken irregularly (once or twice a week). DHT isn't really the problem in most cases. But it does play a vital role in balding.

Exercise: Cardio, with some lifting/calisthenics. Visceral Fat can be lost the same way as Subcutaneous Fat. It's just stubborn in some Men due to their Diets affecting their Hormonal Balance.

Diet: Vegetables, Water, Lean Meat. Try keep Sugar down, avoid sugary Drinks. Keep saturated Fat low. Try avoid Alcohol as best you can.

Nah' don't lower Estrogen or Estradiol.

Carrying a high amount of visceral fat is known to be associated with insulin resistance, which can lead to glucose intolerance and type 2 diabetes. Researchers have found that visceral secretes a protein called retinol-binding protein 4 (RBP4) which has been shown to increase resistance to insulin.

Visceral Fat is also linked to Inflammatory Diseases. (including Acne)

a common denominator in insulin-resistant patients is excess fatty acids (1), and insulin sensitivity is increased by any activity that reduces fatty acids in the tissues of the body. Such activities include increasing exercise with or without weight loss, reducing visceral adiposity with weight loss, or taking drugs that reduce fatty acids (thiazolidinediones, commonly known as “glitazones," fibrates or metformin). The bottom line is that clearing the body of excess fat increases insulin sensitivity and, thus, decreases symptoms associated with insulin resistance.

The next tissue to consider is body fat, also called adipose tissue, and especially visceral fat, also known as abdominal fat. Visceral fat is often excessive in insulin-resistant patients, and this is a problem because it too is affected by insulin resistance. Normally, when a person's insulin level is high, such as after eating a meal, the insulin stops lipolysis, the process of fat breakdown. In conditions of insulin resistance, however, lipolysis is not turned off as it should be. As visceral fat increases, a highly beneficial protein known as adiponectin decreases. Among other things, adiponectin increases the oxidation of fatty acids, promotes the clearance of excess fat in tissues, and improves insulin sensitivity (4). Thus, visceral fat supplies a constant source of excess free fatty acids because lipolysis is not working properly

Regarding dietary intake, at baseline circulating SHBG correlated negatively with total energy intake (r = −0.28, P < 0.0001) but not with percentage of carbohydrate, fat, or protein intake. During the intervention, a trend for a larger increase in circulating SHBG with larger decrease in carbohydrate intake was observed (r = −0.10, P = 0.13).

On the basis of the strong correlations between liver fat and circulating SHBG, we then tested whether an increase in circulating SHBG was specifically found in subjects in whom a large decrease in liver fat was observed. Indeed, there was a strong correlation between change in liver fat and change in circulating SHBG (r = −0.37, P < 0.0001).

There were strong negative correlations between serum SHBG level and the area of VAT and WHR. Inverse correlation was found between serum SHBG level and insulin
(VAT = visceral Fat, WHR = Waist Hip Ratio).

Supposedly one side effect of a 'Fatty Liver' is hair loss.

The relative binding affinity of various sex steroids for SHBG is dihydrotestosterone (DHT) > testosterone > androstenediol > estradiol > estrone.

SHBG binds DHT more so than any other Hormone.

Visceral Fat ---> Liver Fat ---> Lower SHBG ----> Unbound DHT runs amok on your Hair Follicles ----> Balding

legit
Anti Capitalism
Anti Individualism
Anti Ego-centrism
Anti Consumerism
Anti Nationalism

Interests: Nutrition & Health, Islam, Fashion, Economics

Hates: Hypocrites & liars

What's wrong with saturated fat? I thought fat was supposed to be good for you and increase testosterone?

animal lover wrote:How can I tell if its visceral or subcutaneous fat?

Subcutaneous Fat can be pinched/grabbed.

Visceral is literally in and around your Organs. If you have a protruding Stomach, and you can't pinch much. You have Visceral Fat. It should be easy to tell when looking at your body, if not you could post pics.

It's a 'beer belly', extreme example are big bellies which are 'hard', as all the fat is under the muscle. Thing is you can have Visceral & Liver Fat without having a huge Belly. But if you only have little amounts it shouldn't be adversely affecting you, it's when you get too much it really fucks you over.

Low SHBG (your DHT is remaining unbound and doing as it pleases) leads to excess Body Hair and Acne Vulgaris.

Basically if you have bit of a belly (and can't pinch much) with quite a bit of body hair and are prone to Acne. You have some work to do.

It's easy to fix, it's Fat just like other Fat. Only it's in a bad place. You workout and clean up your diet then you're set.

how can you know difference between visceral fat belly and protruding stomach that is result of very weak abominal muscles and lordosis? i see women and men with protruding stomaches and arched lower back which is sign of lordosis and not visceral fat belly

youlookbettermewing wrote:how can you know difference between visceral fat belly and protruding stomach that is result of very weak abominal muscles and lordosis? i see women and men with protruding stomaches and arched lower back which is sign of lordosis and not visceral fat belly

MRI scan

If you have some lordosis and very weak abdominal muscles, you're Stomach would likely protrude a bit but nothing crazy. Very few people have extreme cases like this, if someone does they can use common sense. If your spine is remotely normal, you shouldn't have a large/protruding stomach.

I think excessive Visceral Fat plays a part in some cases of 'Lordosis'.

Oh god... No it's not. All you balding people with your conspiracy theories because you're in denial about your genetics. Balding is just genetic. People have always balded and always will. Sorry if your hair starts receding, you're just genetically predisposed to go bald. Start nizoral+duasteride+rogaine and you should be perfectly fine for the rest of your life unless you're super genetically fucked

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice