Vitamin K

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

I quite like supps...never took this. What is the reason or expected results and is there any proof?

If positive responses what doses and type to take.

http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/vitamin-k/

Vitamin K's Anti-Wrinkle Actions
Vitamin K plays a key role in protecting skin elasticity and could soon be the latest nutraceutical appearing in savvy high-end cosmetic lines. The research is just coming out that people who cannot metabolize vitamin K end up with severe premature skin wrinkling. (Gheduzzi D, Boraldi F, et al. Lab Invest. 2007 Oct;87(10):998-1008.)

One of the principal researchers involved is Leon Schurgers, a vitamin K icon whose name appears on numerous landmark studies involving the nutrient. Schurgers thinks vitamin K deficiency is also highly likely to be linked to wrinkling in healthy "normal" populations because vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is necessary for the activation of Matrix γ-carboxyglutamic acid protein (MGP), which inhibits calcium from depositing in elastin fibers.

In the same way that vitamin K2 (via MGP) prevents calcification in the cardiovascular system, (a.k.a.,atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries), vitamin K2 prevents calcification of our skin's elastin, the protein that gives skin the ability to spring back, smoothing out lines and wrinkles.

Could those unrelenting smile lines be a sign you're lacking optimal levels of vitamin K2? A few facts to consider:

Even a diet quite rich in leafy greens supplies less than half the vitamin K needed for this nutrient's calcium-regulating activities. (Cranenburg EC, Schurgers LJ. Thromb Haemost. 2007 Jul;98(1):120-5.)

Unlike the other fat-soluble nutrients (vitamins A, D and E), vitamin K is not stored in the body, so must be provided daily. Despite vitamin K2's production by healthy intestinal bacteria, humans can develop a deficiency of the vitamin in as few as 7 days on a vitamin K-deficient diet. (Israels LG, Israels ED, et al, Semin Perinatol. 1997 Feb;21(1):90-6.)

Absorption of vitamin K, like that of other fat-soluble nutrients (A, D and E), depends on healthy liver, gallbladder and digestive function. Deficiency is more likely in people with digestive problems like celiac disease, irritable bowel disease, or who have had intestinal bypass surgery, since all increase likelihood of fat malabsorption.

Canola and soybean oils are a primary source of vitamin K in the American diet. However, hydrogenation changes the vitamin K in these oils into a form no longer capable of activating osteocalcin, MGP and other vitamin-K dependent proteins. If you eat a fair amount of processed or fast foods that contain hydrogenated oils, your risk of functional vitamin K deficiency is greatly increased. (Booth SL, Lichtenstein AH, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 Dec;74(6):783-90)

Studies of healthy adults have found high levels of uncarboxylated (not activated) osteocalcin and matrix Gla-protein (MGP) in all subjects tested. K2 activates both proteins, so high levels of their inactive forms indicate a lack of sufficient K2 to do the job. (Cranenburg EC, Schurgers LJ. Thromb Haemost. 2007 Jul;98(1):120-5.)

Vitamin K needs increase with age. Older individuals (>70) require higher levels of vitamin K to keep levels of uncarboxylated (inactivated) vitamin-K dependent protein low. (Tsugawa N, Shiraki M, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Feb;83(2):380-6.)

http://www.thedentalessentials.com/The_ ... y_s/29.htm

If you can be assed to listen to this vid its worth a listen, you dont have to view it you can just listen to it in the background.

Neck Training Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16&p=36#p36

becareful with this as too much made my cheek bones more prominent and face wider

but my teeth and bone structure are definitely more good like now. just dont like that my face is wider
Anti Capitalism
Anti Individualism
Anti Ego-centrism
Anti Consumerism
Anti Nationalism

Interests: Nutrition & Health, Islam, Fashion, Economics

Hates: Hypocrites & liars

wotm8brah wrote:becareful with this as too much made my cheek bones more prominent and face wider

but my teeth and bone structure are definitely more good like now. just dont like that my face is wider

Pls show me before/after. I'm really interested in a bit more of wideness....

you should be taking it for its arterial-plague reversing properties alone. the mk-4 version that is.

Started supplementing it 6 months ago and grew about 2 cm. Also my wrist got bigger.

groundbreaking wrote:you should be taking it for its arterial-plague reversing properties alone. the mk-4 version that is.

Isn't it good for bone growth and skin? I read a lot about it is.

I started taking this yesterday and it cured my HIV and my Maxilla grew 5mm forward!

Mouth Breathing Master Race Rules All!!!!

It gave me elephantitis of the ballsack, be very careful with your doseage.

Truth Sayer wrote:I'm still skeptical about Vitamin K making you taller. Seems ridiculous. But I've been taking it 2 months now, and I did notice that I'm a little more than 1 cm taller than before. I measure myself in exact same place at the exact same time of day, and I'm now close to 5'8, whereas before I was definitely just barely making it to 5'7. Coincidence? Or vitamin K

Will keep everyone updated.

Whats your dose?
To me it just gave weird feeling in the teeth

Truth Sayer wrote:I'm still skeptical about Vitamin K making you taller. Seems ridiculous. But I've been taking it 2 months now, and I did notice that I'm a little more than 1 cm taller than before. I measure myself in exact same place at the exact same time of day, and I'm now close to 5'8, whereas before I was definitely just barely making it to 5'7. Coincidence? Or vitamin K

Will keep everyone updated.

Age?

Decided I am going to get some...going to get that super strong peak MK4...Is it worth taking some MK7 just to keep some permanently in my body even if it is the shit stuff?

Has anyone actually had any results apart from shiny teeth?

Jawanomics wrote:Decided I am going to get some...going to get that super strong peak MK4...Is it worth taking some MK7 just to keep some permanently in my body even if it is the shit stuff?

Has anyone actually had any results apart from shiny teeth?

Dick grew 5 inches

Bought 3 months worth...plus will add Kale to my diet in a few weeks.

worsethanaverage wrote:Life Extension have a good one thats combined K1, K2 mk4 and mk7 in appropriate doses

I'm on Vitacost 'Ultra Vitamin K with Advanced K2 Complex' atm.

It has all those you mentioned and, in total, one capsule is 3000% recommended daily intake (2400mcg).

Bought life extensions to take as basic health...going to take peak as well with 15mg of MK4 for potential changes.

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice