Social anxiety is NATURAL for beta/omega males (RED PILL)

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

It's so hard to get over anxiety and just let yourself go in front of a group of people. The very best I could do was cold approaching girls against every instinct, bit that wasn't good enough because I wasn't being myself.

Lol at "personality matters" like you can truly change that shit at a fundamental level. If you can't change something it suddenly doesn't matter anymore, right blue pillers?

inb4 girls like shy guys.

Fuck man, I want a little part-time job like that. What's the pay like? I'm sure it's not much but it's better than any other minimum-average wage job I'm sure.

how come there are average looking "normalfags" out there (most of puahate is average looking) that don't have social anxiety or asperger's?

social anxiety is usually the result of an unfortunate past. it's learned.

clinically diagnosed autism/asperger's, however, is not learned. it's an inherited neurological disorder that affects people from birth and starts to really become apparent around 2.5-3 years old.
Two or three surgeries away from being Ja Rule gang.

You can learn a lot from dogs because they essential behave the same as humans in terms of their relationships with others.

lol, thats bullshit bro. Humans and dogs are completely different socially. Dogs are pack animals, humans are not.

3 LEFORTS AWAY FROM FIRST PLATONIC HUG FROM 38 YEAR OLD FAT SINGLE MOM OF 5 CREW

Social anxiety has nothing to do with what you're on about. Did you know the one of the most timid anxious dogs is the female staffordshire terrier. Probably one of the most beast dogs physically wise.

Anxiety is just genetic. I know plenty of ugly dudes who are way too confident.

Pure Genetic Shit wrote:
SupportLocalSluts wrote:how come there are average looking "normalfags" out there (most of puahate is average looking) that don't have social anxiety or asperger's?

social anxiety is usually the result of an unfortunate past. it's learned.

clinically diagnosed autism/asperger's, however, is not learned. it's an inherited neurological disorder that affects people from birth and starts to really become apparent around 2.5-3 years old.

Social hierarchy is not ALL about looks. They play a part sure, but you can be "average looking" and still be a beta/omega male. Similarly, you can be ugly as fuck and not be an omega male (if you have a great personality + confidence + quick-wit etc). I know a lot of average looking people who are fucking bottom of the barrel totally unwanted humans and a lot of ugly fucks who have friends.

Social anxiety is the result of being at the bottom of the social hierarchy in dogs. And now that I think about it, it's exactly the same in humans.

Cool. I somewhat agree with your points. I totally agree that social hierarchy is not all about looks.

Social anxiety is some kind of autonomic nervous system response to prepare the body to avoid/escape from events that have resulted in unpleasant consequences in the past because of either bad luck or maladaptive responses to the events that preceded the unpleasant consequences (with the appropriate responses, the unpleasant consequences wouldn't have happened). Sure, social anxiety could totally be a means to escape/avoid the unpleasantries associated with winding up at the bottom of the social hierarchy. I see what you mean.

I just don't see how social anxiety is some kind of permanent state of affairs since it's usually learned. Any kind of behavior that is learned can usually be extinguished over time if you prevent the behavior from gaining access to whatever is maintaining the behavior in the first place. When you do that kind of thing, the person will usually tantrum or engage in some otherwise really emotional behavior for a while (maybe days). It's like escalation...if the typical avoidance response doesn't prevent the unpleasant social event from occurring, then it's time to engage in a more intense behavior. Speaking as someone that works with kids, when you prevent someone from escaping/avoiding some social event they find unpleasant, they usually get aggressive or start tantruming (in technical jargon, this is called the extinction burst). Things almost always get worse before they get better. Things can get worse for a very long period of time. After a few hours/days/weeks, the kid's behaviors adapt to the new settings, they learn that it is impossible for them to escape/avoid whatever they're trying to avoid, and the socially anxious escape/avoidance behaviors are reduced.

There are experiments on this kind of procedure with animals and humans.

With that said, there are definitely biological constraints on learning and some people are just more prone to social anxiety than others. That's not to say that they can't reduce their socially anxious behaviors and make some degree of progress, though.
Last edited by SupportLocalSluts on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Every thread you make is always something cynical like "you can't change" and "it won't get better".

You're a HUGE pussy bitch, so yea, for YOU nothing will be changing or getting better.

vertu wrote:Every thread you make is always something cynical like "you can't change" and "it won't get better".

Learned helplessness. There are experiments on reversing this with both animals and humans, too. It all requires hard work and nobody wants to deal with it unless they're forced to.

Where PUA has a shred of credibility is that it got some guys to examine their behavior and make changes to improve their success with women. This doesn't mean doing everything a guru says, but just starting to think about where you can make changes.

I'm going to state a fact: for some men, their primary obstacle in getting women is in their behavior. Shit like eye contact, posture, dress, not saying nerdy/unattractive things - many guys didn't fully realize what they were doing. For these guys, changes to their behavior made a difference. It's not going to catapult you into a cassanova, but for example, the guy may have went from only being able to get fatties to getting a looks match by making some adjustments.

This is not all men, though. Some men have chronic social anxiety dating back to things that shaped them as a child, or else they have other mental conditions that are difficult to overcome. Some of these mental conditions could be brought on by or exacerbated by being ugly, short, experiencing continual ostracization etc. We are all born with a certain brain chemistry, which combines with our upbringing and environment, and then we sorta go the way we go. For some people, they can never really get over their anxieties. I presume it's because they have such a deep-seated sense of self loathing.

butthurt_manlet wrote:Where PUA has a shred of credibility is that it got some guys to examine their behavior and make changes to improve their success with women. This doesn't mean doing everything a guru says, but just starting to think about where you can make changes.

I'm going to state a fact: for some men, their primary obstacle in getting women is in their behavior. Shit like eye contact, posture, dress, not saying nerdy/unattractive things - many guys didn't fully realize what they were doing. For these guys, changes to their behavior made a difference. It's not going to catapult you into a cassanova, but for example, the guy may have went from only being able to get fatties to getting a looks match by making some adjustments.

This is not all men, though. Some men have chronic social anxiety dating back to things that shaped them as a child, or else they have other mental conditions that are difficult to overcome. Some of these mental conditions could be brought on by or exacerbated by being ugly, short, experiencing continual ostracization etc. We are all born with a certain brain chemistry, which combines with our upbringing and environment, and then we sorta go the way we go. For some people, they can never really get over their anxieties. I presume it's because they have such a deep-seated sense of self loathing.

I agree 100%. Great post.

My only issue is that some people might use the boldened sentence to claim that being average looking or ugly caused them to get a clinical autism diagnosis, which is just completely ludicrous. I've never met a 2.5-3 year old with autism/asperger's that wasn't socially disconnected. I made a post on this a little while ago about playing with an autistic/aspie 3 year old vs. playing with a neurotypical 3 year old - the differences are massive. The autistic behaviors started well before looks mattered. Nothing could really condition some of these behaviors.

The problem with self-improvement and working on your social skills (that's what PUA was all about - it just did it completely ineffectively) is that you can't learn them by reading a book or receiving verbal advice from someone. You need to see the real life examples of people effectively doing it, you need to learn through trial and error, and you really need to have friends. To do it on your own, you really can't have asperger's or else you'll just end up making social faux pas all over the place because you don't have the intuition - you'll just get frustrated and give up. You can't really learn it through cold approach like the PUAs insisted, either. By trying to get girls through cold approaching, all you learn is that you have to be extremely attractive to get most girls when you don't have any kind of social link with them. And then that leads to disappointed, frustrated folks like you have on this forum thinking girls are impossible to get.

I don't know. The solution is out there and all of this stuff is so common sense. One guy made a thread on all the essentials you need for a "Slayer Social Life." I thought the thread was totally misguided and out there, but this idea of suggesting the barebones basics most guys need to have a group of friends they can get laid through is not bad. If someone made that thread with just common sense suggestions, it might be helpful, it would just be a lot of work. I personally don't feel like doing it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/com ... y-did-i-do

Rat Experiment wrote:The first researcher, John Calhoun, placed 80 Norway rats in a cage with four sections and two walkways that would lead from the outside compartments to the inside compartments. According to Tom Wolfe, if there are more than 200 of them in one fourth of an acre they will begin to "die off."

So, what happens when you place 80 in relatively small cage?

Calhoun made sure that they had enough water, food and shelter necessary to survive but the rest would be up to the rats. Soon enough, the animals descended into what Calhoun described as a "behavioral sink." This term is used to explain the behavior of animals that gather or are forced to live in a space too small to accommodate them.

The rats at first developed a sense of order, but that soon went ‘haywire.' At the ends of the cage an alpha male took over and kicked the other males out. According to Wolfe, the alpha males would take eight to ten females as concubines. This meant that from 58 to 62 Norway rats would be forced to live in the middle two compartments.

Chaos resulted as no sense of order or balance could come from that many rats being trapped so close together. The male rats fought constantly and began to ignore mating rituals and force themselves on female rats. They also began to perform bisexual and homosexual acts. Some rats wouldn't even move in the daytime and would wait for the other rats to go to sleep before they would walk around. No rat was safe from molestation and any attempts to leave the confines of the middle compartments by male rats were checked by the alpha male at either end of the cage. They were trapped in chaos.

The alpha males, and their concubines, it must be noted, grew much larger than the other rats and maintained their health and vitality. The female concubines also had free reign and would venture in and out of the middle compartments as they pleased.

Mouse Experiment wrote:In the early 1960s, the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) acquired property in a rural area outside Poolesville, Maryland. The facility that was built on this property housed several research projects, including those headed by Calhoun. It was here that his most famous experiment, the mouse universe, was created.[1] In July 1968 four pairs of mice were introduced into the Utopian universe. The universe was a 9-foot (2.7 m) square metal pen with 54-inch-high (1.4 m) sides. Each side had four groups of four vertical, wire mesh “tunnels”. The “tunnels” gave access to nesting boxes, food hoppers, and water dispensers. There was no shortage of food or water or nesting material. There were no predators. The only adversity was the limit on space.

Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly. The last surviving birth was on day 600. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against. After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed “the beautiful ones”.

(incel LOL)

The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

Calhoun saw the fate of the population of mice as a metaphor for the potential fate of man. He characterized the social breakdown as a “second death”, with reference to the “second death” mentioned in the Biblical book of Revelation 2:11 [1] His study has been cited by writers such as Bill Perkins as a warning of the dangers of the living in an "increasingly crowded and

Neck Training Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16&p=36#p36

YES. Op you are right. Social anxiety comes from two places: bad experiences in childhood due to being a baby incel, OR coming from subhuman genes of incels.

One line of research suggests that specific dispositions to monitor and react to social threats may have evolved, reflecting the vital and complex importance of social living and social rank in human ancestral environments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anx ... ry_context

Robust Sensei wrote:Neck Brah, that was one of the most fascinating studies I've read.

So it has a very strong correlation with density of population.

Legit. Its seems to a be a HUGE factor that's for sure.

like icantevengetfatgirls said:

"Humans aren't really made to live in giant cities with millions of people."

http://www.ncsociology.org/crowding.htm

milgram study wrote:The experiments done by Milgram (1970) suggest that when people are confronted with a large number of strangers in everyday life, they tend to withdraw and take less interest in the community in order to protect themselves from overload.

nw15 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEDq548hCi0

chris evans has extreme social anxiety, he has stated it publicly, he was most likely on xanax here to calm himself down.

how do you explain that? He has looks, money, and status.

someone please explain this

Neck Brah wrote:
Robust Sensei wrote:Neck Brah, that was one of the most fascinating studies I've read.

So it has a very strong correlation with density of population.

Legit. Its seems to a be a HUGE factor that's for sure.

like icantevengetfatgirls said:

"Humans aren't really made to live in giant cities with millions of people."

http://www.ncsociology.org/crowding.htm

milgram study wrote:The experiments done by Milgram (1970) suggest that when people are confronted with a large number of strangers in everyday life, they tend to withdraw and take less interest in the community in order to protect themselves from overload.

So living in a city made you socially withdrawn? Huh? If anything, cities make me extroverted.

Pure Genetic Shit wrote:
nw15 wrote:
someone please explain this

Can you please try reading my posts before posting replies?

Pure Genetic Shit wrote:Also there is no such thing as an anxious adult dog who becomes confident and alpha. It just doesn't happen. Same with humans. If you suffer from anxiety and you're an adult, the anxiety is here to stay. You can mask it with drugs/CBT etc, but you'll never truly get rid of it.

You can push through social anxiety with drugs(coke,xanax) why do you think people get addicted to drugs?

SupportLocalSluts wrote:
So living in a city made you socially withdrawn? Huh? If anything, cities make me extroverted.

Never said me personally, but it clearly affects alot of people. You have to remember people are good at hiding their problems and putting on a front.

Pure Genetic Shit wrote:
Also there is no such thing as an anxious adult dog who becomes confident and alpha. It just doesn't happen.

Dispersal doesn't always lead to a life of loneliness. A younger lone wolf may eventually cross into another pack's area to challenge a weak alpha in order to take over.

Pure Genetic Shit wrote:
You can push through social anxiety with drugs(coke,xanax) why do you think people get addicted to drugs?

If you're addicted with drugs it means you need them to function which means you haven't eradicated the underlying anxiety. Obviously you can push through SA with drugs, but that doesn't mean you'll be less anxious without them (in fact the inverse is usually true).[/quote]

Well you don't need them to function while you are alone, just to act normal with other people. I think its a harsh reality that many of us will ultimately face. If xanax can turn an introverted nerd into a cool guy that can fuck girls is it worth the addiction? Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. I personally would rather be addicted to a drug and have a normal sex life, than be drug free and be sexless but I may be in the minority here since many aspies are anti drugs.

Legit thread. It can be changed, but you'd need to be treated like an alpha for an extended period of time for it to change your mindset and how you see the world. Me personally I was bullied in elementary school and was shy as fuck, but once I got to HS, was good at sports and had status because of that I was respected by virtually everyone. People would know my name, jocks would respect me (because I'd beat their asses at football practice lol), and I felt like a big shot. Those experiences changed my personality to a degree. The anxiety is still there, but its no where near what it was before HS. These things can change, but you need positive reinforcement in order to cause that change.

PuaKiller wrote:Legit thread. It can be changed, but you'd need to be treated like an alpha for an extended period of time for it to change your mindset and how you see the world. Me personally I was bullied in elementary school and was shy as fuck, but once I got to HS, was good at sports and had status because of that I was respected by virtually everyone. People would know my name, jocks would respect me (because I'd beat their asses at football practice lol), and I felt like a big shot. Those experiences changed my personality to a degree. The anxiety is still there, but its no where near what it was before HS. These things can change, but you need positive reinforcement in order to cause that change.

Legit. Consistent positive reinforcement and repeated exposure is everything. It makes the world go around.

This is why you really have to take an incremental approach to improvement on social skills. The problem with PUA is that they would take guys who had real issues with basic socialization and confidence, tell them to just buy some new clothes, and then immediately throw them into a night club setting for cold approach practice.

You need to start with first addressing any fixable appearance issues (posture, weight loss, muscles, skin, etc). Making progress in these areas and getting some positive feedback will buy a small bit of confidence. And simultaneously starting small with some basic socializing, maybe first just with guys, learning how to hang with (non-incel) boys. Finding and developing a talent is huge too, if you have one.

Confidence can only come from repeated successes in the past. Fake it til you make it is largely bullshit.

butthurt_manlet wrote:This is why you really have to take an incremental approach to improvement on social skills. The problem with PUA is that they would take guys who had real issues with basic socialization and confidence, tell them to just buy some new clothes, and then immediately throw them into a night club setting for cold approach practice.

You need to start with first addressing any fixable appearance issues (posture, weight loss, muscles, skin, etc). Making progress in these areas and getting some positive feedback will buy a small bit of confidence. And simultaneously starting small with some basic socializing, maybe first just with guys, learning how to hang with (non-incel) boys. Finding and developing a talent is huge too, if you have one.

Confidence can only come from repeated successes in the past. Fake it til you make it is largely bullshit.

Learning how to hang with the non-incel boys is everything. If you've got that covered, all you need is some alcohol in your system and girls who know your friends, and you will get laid.
PostThis post by IcedCuntis was deleted by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm.
Reason: useless trolling
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice