chess is too difficult

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

it takes 10 years of regular, dedicated play and study to become a grandmaster (2,500+ ELO). This is very difficult to do as an adult, which is why many of the best players started at a young age. Magnus Carlsen, for instance, started playing chess before he was even 10. He learned to play at age 5. So right off the bat he has over 10 years more experience than someone who started playing at age 20, aka someone at the age where they generally won't even be able to devote so much time to chess as a kid is able to.

I'd say the average person who plays it casually will probably be lucky to reach 1,500 ELO, which is miles better than 1,000 elo. A 1,500 ELO player can expect to beat a 1,400 ELO player around 2/3 (64% to be more specific) of the time. A 1,400 player can expect to beat a 1,300 player 2/3 of the time, and so on. Elo rating is relative, so a 2,500 player is as much better than a 2,200 player as a 1,500 is better than a 1,200.

and how often can a 1,500 player beat a 1,200? multiply .64 by itself three times for a good estimate. this comes up to .16, meaning the 1,200 player can expect to win about 16% of the time. A 2,800 player will beat a 2,500 player 84% of the time. this is a world of difference.. the best of the best are playing at a completely different level compared to the regular, more casual players.

So I ask, how can anyone who's only learned the game as an adult even consider playing seriously, when they know they'll never become a highly esteemed player without devoting 10 years, or many thousands of hours of their life to chess? It's not as though you can just play for that long either. After a certain point, you will have to study as well. Legitimate, deep study and deliberate training. It's simply not realistic for most people.

Watch this for instance:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientBenevol ... injaGrumpy

See how quickly Carlsen makes his moves in this blitz game? And they're all solid ones too, he knows exactly what to do. The opponent blundered sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if Magnus would have gone on to win the match anyways, despite giving his opponent such a considerable head-start in development. Chess GMs are simply on another level. To them, casual players are at best like children who just learned how the knight moves.

it definitely is

dont even try if u weren't very good at school

lots of memorization, calculating ridiculous lines etc

If you're 30 years old and want to get into something new. You're screwed. You're not gonna amount to shit. Pretty much anyone who's good at anything (whether it's sports, music, or chess) started doing it when they were like 5 years old and they had parents pushing them.
"The world is just fine the way it is. You're the problem. Not us."

this is the best computer program to learn to play chess like a GM. is the Commodore Amiga version done in 1986
try this one and stop crying

lol play stockfish and learn stop bitching its not super difficult u just need a lot of training which in 1-2 years u can increase ur elo by 500 pts then half that by the principle of diminishing returns if u know what im sayin baby

img_20190621_1124334nj6d.jpg
img_20190621_1124334nj6d.jpg (4.42 MiB) Viewed 318 times

Necrotoxic wrote:i find it to be simplistic

only a simpleton like u with shit for a brain couldn't see the million layers of depth chess has

tyron wrote:only a simpleton like u with shit for a brain couldn't see the million layers of depth chess has

totally missed the point. i see the layers, but what is an inexhaustible ocean for someone with your cerebral capabilities, is merely a puddle for someone on my level.

Necrotoxic wrote:
tyron wrote:only a simpleton like u with shit for a brain couldn't see the million layers of depth chess has

totally missed the point. i see the layers, but what is an inexhaustible ocean for someone with your cerebral capabilities, is merely a puddle for someone on my level.

Ur not as grandiose as u see urself
Ur just a mere pussycat seeing himself a lion in the mirror
I step on u like an insect
Attachments
FDE5DFAD-F7D8-402D-8E88-C554784F7E11.gif
FDE5DFAD-F7D8-402D-8E88-C554784F7E11.gif (193.31 KiB) Viewed 235 times

Return to Shitty Advice