Why do some body types appear taller than others?

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

For example, Tom Brady

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxuyWzfUkAAjolK.jpg

If you looked at that picture you would assume he was a manlet based on proportions. Yet he is 6'5. A 5'9 teen lanklet would look comparably taller if you judged their pictures individually.

Is it because wide/athletic shoulders throw off the proportions?

PostThis post by MAGA was deleted by MAGA on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 am.

PostThis post by MAGA was deleted by MAGA on Sat May 06, 2017 7:19 pm.
PostThis post by MAGA was deleted by MAGA on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 am.

PostThis post by MAGA was deleted by MAGA on Sat May 06, 2017 7:18 pm.

MAGA wrote:For example, Tom Brady

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxuyWzfUkAAjolK.jpg

If you looked at that picture you would assume he was a manlet based on proportions. Yet he is 6'5. A 5'9 teen lanklet would look comparably taller if you judged their pictures individually.

Is it because wide/athletic shoulders throw off the proportions?

I look tall because I'm lanky limbed and have a tall face at 5'8" (8.5" face height and 3.3" ramus and 33" inseam)

Plenty of tall guys have proportionally wide shoulders. I think it has to do with stockiness- waist thickness, wrist and joint thickness, and leg length.

A big head (compared to your body) and high bodyfat make you look like a manlet. Small head + skinny = tall looking.
Once you have taken the red pill there is no way back.

OP what happened? you used to post halfway legit threads, like this one. now everything you post is shit.

terminate wrote:OP what happened? you used to post halfway legit threads, like this one. now everything you post is shit.

legit, now its just race cope because he's ugly.

On topic of the OP, I agree. My dad looks towering to me (like 6'1) but I think he's only 6 (he even says he's 5'11) Think it has to do with having long slender legs, upright posture and a long HGH dolicephalic head.

Proportions affect how an individual is perceived in both muscularity and height. Having long limbs makes it appear as if someone is taller than they actually are which is why many ottermode male models appear to be tall as fuck.

The more space you take up horizontally will often corrlate with a negatively skewed perception of a person's height as well even beyond genetic structure such as limb length.

look at the 3 body types, and the way certain proportions mix.

Ectomorph - skinny lean
Mesomorph - muscle definition
Endomorph - round fat look

Where certain body mass sits makes a lot of difference.
fat accumulation.

More predominant ectomorphs may appear to be slender, but they can be total twerps.

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice