Upper palate curves down slightly. Low mouth. Face pulling.

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Hi everyone. I've lurked here for a while. Thought i'd create an account.

This thread is about face pulling. Getting that maxilla up and forward in the face. I have followed the work of the almighty Mike Mew and took on his advice about putting the tongue up in the palate and pushing up. I had braces when I was younger and I'm sure I had a palate expander before the train tracks. I'm glad that I didn't have any extractions! Anyway, my tongue fits up in my palate, even better now after having it up there for some months. I think my tongue has expanded the palate naturally. When I first began putting my tongue up in the palate, it was difficult. It was very tiring because of course I wasn't used to it. Over time I began moving my tongue further and further back up in the mouth. This brought the lips in, which they adapted to over time. I now push the palate up with the whole my tongue. Pushing up with the back of the tongue is very important. I've also improved my neck posture so my neck is pretty much fully straight instead of curved. Now I don't always keep this posture because it makes me look like I have even less of a jaw. But pushing the maxilla with the tongue feels a lot more powerful with correct neck posture.

Something that I have noticed with my upper palate is that it curves downwards. I don't think this is right. It should be straighter. I think having a palate that curves down is what creates a longer philtrum. Does anyone know if this is true? Anyway, as my tongue is as far back as possible and pushing up. The tongue is not pushing the front part of the curved down palate just before the upper front teeth. The tip of my tongue finishes just before it starts curving slightly down.

I've attached some pictures to show you...

Here is a picture of a skull. Notice the straight palate. It even curves slightly upwards.

Here is a picture of the inside of a mouth. Notice the longer, straighter palate.

Here is a picture of Angelina Jolie. I presume that she has a straighter upper palate. Maxilla is up and in front, which lifts the mouth and nose.

Now here is a picture of some guy with a maxilla that is down and back. I presume his upper palate might be slightly curved. Notice how he tilts his head, which creates a sloped forehead. Also look how far his mouth drops down in the image where I turned his head to the correct position. Also how his nose drops down too, making him look like he has a big, bumpy nose. If his maxilla was up and forward, his nose would look way better.

Here is a skull I photoshopped to make the palate curve down. Yeah I know it's crappy!

Here is the image before photoshop...

This is where I think face pulling needs to be done. Pulling up from where the palate curves. Maybe it will straighten out? If what i'm saying is true. This means that using the tongue alone won't change everything. It might push the maxilla up slightly but you're still going to have that long philtrum and bumpy nose if you have one. Let me know what your thoughts are on this! Is what i'm saying correct? I could be totally wrong. Check your palates. Do they curve down slightly?

I have my face pulling method ready. I will let you guys know what I'm doing if I receive any replies.

Ok a little update..

I've realized that I've been mewing wrong. I've been placing my tongue too far back. The tip is supposed to be just behind the upper teeth. The tip of my tongue was just behind where the palate starts to slightly curve down. The back of my palate has expanded since having the tongue up there though. Since putting the tip of my tongue just behind the upper front teeth and keeping the rest of the tongue up there, I can feel the effect it's having on my teeth closer to the front, just after 1 day. It feels like the front of the palate is widening, which should give me a more wide-toothed smile. I guess there's not really any need for face pulling yet, as my tongue seems to be enough.

Tongue posture is so important.

holy shit dude

do u realize this was already set in stone by the time u hit puberty?

only surgery will make any difference now

holy shit dude

You're wrong m8. People's skulls change with age. Mouth breathers and people with incorrect tongue posture get worse as they get older. Their face drops down and back. I've noticed a change in my own face even though I was only pushing up on the back of the palate.

ThinkItChangeIt wrote:
holy shit dude

You're wrong m8. People's skulls change with age. Mouth breathers and people with incorrect tongue posture get worse as they get older. Their face drops down and back. I've noticed a change in my own face even though I was only pushing up on the back of the palate.

so you have before and after pics of course as objective proof instead of your biased "oh yeah i think i can see a change "

TL;DR any of it.
Get cone beam computed tomography (CT) scan. Costs a couple of hundred. You can say you are considering custom facial implants or some type of jaw surgery (which you probably are). Jolie has full custom mandible implant BTW.

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice